A Pasture in Wisconsin
First Name
Bendt
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0WTR
Installed new 6mm breather lines for the Front & Rear Differential, Transmission and Transfer case - They now are single runs up into the engine bay and joined together with 2 into 1 push fittings to a final breather to the top of the drivers a-pillar (inside trim/cover). No issue with water ingress now.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
You read my mind. I will follow up with a video soon. What do you guys think 1080p at 60 frames per second or 1440p at 30 frames per second?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I remember the old days of film, 30 fps was the standard... I'd do both to see if there is a noticeable difference for what you want.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I bent my HAM antenna on the trail the other day through dense brush and trees. Sooooo... to remedy this (I hope) I purchase a similar spring mount solution to what you see for CB antennas...you know...those long antennas wagging back and forth, back and forth as they drive down the road.

Now I have a new Larsen antenna with the optional SpringB steel shock spring . :sunglasses:
I'll see how much I "wag" on the trail tomorrow... LOL:wink:

new antenna.jpg

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I bent my HAM antenna on the trail the other day through dense brush and trees. Sooooo... to remedy this (I hope) I purchase a similar spring mount solution to what you see for CB antennas...you know...those long antennas wagging back and forth, back and forth as they drive down the road.

Now I have a new Larsen antenna with the optional SpringB steel shock spring . :sunglasses:
I'll see how much I "wag" on the trail tomorrow... LOL:wink:

View attachment 61472

You'll have to re-tune it.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

True...researching how to do it. Any quick tips you have?

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app
Get a tuner for 2/70 (or whatever band(s) you transmit on) and tune it at your leisure whenever you need it. You tune by shortening/lengthening the antenna rod until you have the lowest SWR across each band.
I have this one.

Last edited: