What did you do to your SE rig?

• HTML tutorial

Climber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia
I thought this might be a thread we could use to share what we have been doing with our SE rigs but also hopefully allow us to meet up and help each other out with projects. I have only been a member here a short time and have already had several people volunteer to help me with some projects. I have been on a lot of different forums, and have never seen one with so many people willing to help!

So today, I spent a few hours installing some minor things on my 4runner. Nothing major but got the following done:
- Cleaned undercarriage and sprayed with Fluid Film (I DEFINITELY got this out of order)
- Installed my Hefty Fabworks sliders. I really didn't feel I "needed" sliders but after pricing out decent steps, I went with sliders and really like the function of these sliders. 100% bolt on and heavy duty. I got them unfinished and then primed/painted myself
- Installed ARB rear diff breather kit (probably overkill but I really like water crossings :)
- I REALLY should have sprayed the Fluid Film after the slider and breather install. By the time I was finished, I was covered in waxy fluid film and all my tools were very greasy. Lots of cleanup due to spraying the rig first.

Next up:
Install 2" lift (bilstein 5100's and upgraded coils)
Install Southern Style Off Road Hybrid bumper and Smittybilt Winch

That is going to get me through 2018 (hopefully) on the 4runner and then I'm going to start some work on a small trailer for camping.

Climber- Nashville, TN area

Attachments

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Sweet!

I'm in the Tampa Bay area.

Current modifications:
1500 watt inverter with two plugs permanently installed in to the center console (image = Tundra Plugs)
BFG A/T K02 (I love them dearly compared to my BFG M/T KM)
Jobox aluminum in-bed 4 drawer system

Forthcoming modifications:

ARE Z series camper topper
Secondary deep cell battery system
Icon stage 2 or above suspension (funds allowing... if not, level kit)
Secondary fuel tank (estimated 60 gallons of fuel capacity)

and a whole lotta other stuff as my wife allows...

Attachments

Reactions: k9sar

Climber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia
Sweet!

I'm in the Tampa Bay

and a whole lotta other stuff as my wife allows...
Nice. I had a Tundra and miss it sometimes but this 4Runner is a lot of fun. I had a Leer XR on my Tundra and almost got an ARE Z but got a good deal on the Leer.

I hear ya about the wife allowing they toys! Mine has me on lockdown right now [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Nice. I had a Tundra and miss it sometimes but this 4Runner is a lot of fun. I had a Leer XR on my Tundra and almost got an ARE Z but got a good deal on the Leer.

I hear ya about the wife allowing they toys! Mine has me on lockdown right now
Yep... I've got our first baby arriving February and I'm doing the Trans America Trail in June... Nuff said...

Reactions: Climber

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Congrats on the kiddo, I have a 15 boy and a 3 year old daughter...they do cut into your upgrade money but I’ve been camping and wheeling with my son since he was 4 on our own and it’s the best. We also plan on doing the TAT in about a year or so.

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Congrats on the kiddo, I have a 15 boy and a 3 year old daughter...they do cut into your upgrade money but I’ve been camping and wheeling with my son since he was 4 on our own and it’s the best. We also plan on doing the TAT in about a year or so.
Thanks! And thats awesome. Me and the babes are definitely going camping as soon as possible.

I plan on just drastically increasing my income... because if I don’t I don’t get anything!

Climber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia
Where are the pics of all this cutting @theBROFESSOR ? :grin:

I think my next upgrade is going to be HID lights for this 4runner. Every time I drive at night, I'm disappointed in the output, especially on a rainy night. I'm really surprised that Toyota put these in there. They get by but just barely.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT

I think my next upgrade is going to be HID lights for this 4runner. Every time I drive at night, I'm disappointed in the output, especially on a rainy night. I'm really surprised that Toyota put these in there. They get by but just barely.
Absolutely the same deal with my Tundra. The headlights are absolutely appalling. I can’t see a darn thing on these country back roads!!

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Didn't take pics of the cutting of the rear bumper in 3 pieces. By then it was 10 p.m. at night and my wife was having to hold the flashlight for me. Don't think pics would have turned out. Now the center of the bumper is in the trash and gone. The two ends go back on. New bumper is amazing though. They have great quality. Just don't like "points of no return"... lol. I have to work too hard to buy this stuff and don't want to screw anything up. lol

Front is going on now. And guess what? Have to cut the wheel wells and headlight brackets. I dont' mind. I just get a funny feeling in my stomach.

Attachments

Adventures of Maldo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tampa, FL
Member #

Not much fun stuff for me lately. Olivia got the Death Wobble over the weekend so I'll be attempting to diagnose and fix that this weekend.

Other than that, I'm waiting on a Gobi rack and eyeing that 67 Designs dash mount for my phone and iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Not much fun stuff for me lately. Olivia got the Death Wobble over the weekend so I'll be attempting to diagnose and fix that this weekend.

Other than that, I'm waiting on a Gobi rack and eyeing that 67 Designs dash mount for my phone and iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Death Wobble?! Dang not good. Hope you find that problem out quick.

Climber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia
Yeah it's a pretty violent event. Luckily/Unluckily it's a common problem and should be somewhat easy to figure out. #jeepproblems

Guess I should have went with the Taco? Lol
Definitely should have gone with a Yota [emoji3]

Kidding as I just sold a 2004 LJ and really liked it. I got a bad wobble last year and ended up with new tie rods, bearings and an alignment that fixed it up. I do miss that jeep sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan