Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Agreed! Great info. I eventually went for the tan color as my jeep, which is normally bright yellow turns a rather distinct shade of dirt tan color when I am off-roading anywhere near the Mount Shasta area. Might as well have the trasharoo be the same shade to disguise some of the dust.IMG_1327.JPG

Reactions: awolfnspirit

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Agreed! Great info. I eventually went for the tan color as my jeep, which is normally bright yellow turns a rather distinct shade of dirt tan color when I am off-roading anywhere near the Mount Shasta area. Might as well have the trasharoo be the same shade to disguise some of the dust.View attachment 9148
Plus the dirt will protect from UV

Last edited:

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Yeah, I see a lot for SUVs, but can't seem to find again the one I saw that was built into the bumper and made specifically for pickups. I thought it was a rhino... Shoulda bookmarked it... blah... lol
Maybe Wilco off-road?

awolfnspirit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Layton, Utah
Member #

How waterproof are these things? I would think making them out of a heavy tarpaulin would be better than canvas or waxed canvas. It would spike the price as well - but, either way, for a guy without a spare tire on the back of his rig, I'm all about these things!!!!
Depending on the vehicle you drive you could do what @BillyBadly did and attach his to the rear hatch. Looking to do the same on my grand cherokee.

Reactions: RaggedViking

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Depending on the vehicle you drive you could do what @BillyBadly did and attach his to the rear hatch. Looking to do the same on my grand cherokee.
That was actually @trikebubble who strapped it to the rear hatch on his Xterra, but I'll definitely borrow the idea until I get my rear swing out.

Last edited:

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
There's a bunch out there. I was looking at them last night - there's got to be 15 different versions for my 4Runner.
Decisions! Decisions!
Don't mess with knock off cheapos Go with ARB.. all them folks down in the land of OZ can't be wrong.. or, do like I did, go with Christo Slee... either way, you're gonna get a high quality rear bumper/tire carrier that will more than likely outlast your vehicle. There are others, but OMG they are way overpriced.

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Don't mess with knock off cheapos Go with ARB.. all them folks down in the land of OZ can't be wrong.. or, do like I did, go with Christo Slee... either way, you're gonna get a high quality rear bumper/tire carrier that will more than likely outlast your vehicle. There are others, but OMG they are way overpriced.
I've worked with the folks at ARB in the past and almost pulled the trigger on a full set up for my Tundra, but - even with the discount I could have gotten (based on the work I did for them) it was still steep. But the build and overall quality is scary good.

Kevin_Morrison

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Worland Wyoming
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

What color trasharoo does everybody have? I need help deciding between black and olive drab for my rig! (Pic attached) I've got a grey rig with pretty much all black accessories. What do you guys think? Obviously black would match more, but for some reason I think olive drab would look cool too. View attachment 9127
Olive would give a good contrast

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Mine was black when I bought it but I'm not sure what I'd call it now. The good thing is that it looks like it's been used! :laughing:

Reactions: Mobbster

Stickbow

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Georgia, USA
Member #

Glad you posted the pic of the Digital camo version. My wife has an Amazon gift card to use up, and asked me what color I wanted. I was leaning towards that. Think I will go tan.

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
I ended up with tan because I won it in a drawing at the north Texas overland roundup deal last spring. It matches the canvas from my tent and awning.

trasharoo.jpg