What can you personally not adventure without?

• HTML tutorial

ridgerunner84

Rank I

Enthusiast I

SC
Honestly, I don't go anywhere in the wilderness without my knife, ESEE 6, and some quality first aid gear. I feel naked without them. I always had a minimal first aid kit when I knew nothing, then I got certified through SOLO as a wilderness first responder and since then I've always felt like if I know what to do, I should have something to help out when I can. Definitely a huge plus when you're miles from help!

DSC02183.jpg
DSC01585.jpg

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

A comfy warm and dry bed. And the Wife and dogs too, of course. My days of setting up a tent on the rocky ground and freezing my ass off, or staying wet and damp all weekend are all behind me. I now feel kind of spoiled in my Four Wheel Camper, but wouldn't trade it for the world.

Reactions: Crusty Overland

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
My stove, small cook kit, a few eating utensils, a small coffee press, cups and plates. Those stay in my Cruiser all the time along with a couple days food, water and basic sleeping gear. I don't have these for emergency as much as when I just want to get away quick and not have to shop. I'm leaving out the obvious first aid and recovery gear.
These are the things I cant do without. Everything else I bring is a bonus.

Scott

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Spare power source. I keep a battery jump box in my roadside kit that's good for 20 or so jumps and can charge devices. I lost a battery once, hopefully never again

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

And last but not least, I always keep a few packs of Pocky sticks. Basically a sugar cookie stick covered in dark chocolate. It sounds silly, however when things go south, it's always been beneficial to me to have something grounding. Taking a moment, having something simple and sweet, could make a difficult situation a bit more manageable.IMG_20181110_000212.jpeg