What are you using for a fridge/freezer.

• HTML tutorial

Comanche

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Goodyear, Arizona
Member #

Engel is another brand that has a very good reputation. The Engel has a different type of compressor than the others the Sawafuji Swing Motor. It's said to work at more extreme angles and use less energy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Travis Barker

CDN Offroader

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

Whynter 65 Qt with Travel case. modified the DC power connector to a twist lock style. My only complaint is i can't actually close the door in the FJ with the fridge like this, has to turn it 90 degrees to fit everything.

Attachments

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Indel B 51 and slider. May switch to a Dometic CFX-65DZ Dual Zone but also need to install a new slider.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

What slides are everyone using? I have a Dometic CF50 and with the new stance of my truck a slide will be more beneficial. My biggest problem is that I am limited in depth to something like 29" if I recall correctly. I am also limited on width if I keep it on the side I want to keep it on but that's not a deal breaker.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I think the Dometic and TruckFridge.com slides are the same. Too skinny for an ARB Fridge. At least the TruckFridge for the 51 is if they are in fact the same. So you might check to see who has the. Eat deal. Every once and a while TF has a sale.

Reactions: MarkW

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I think the Dometic and TruckFridge.com slides are the same. Too skinny for an ARB Fridge. At least the TruckFridge for the 51 is if they are in fact the same. So you might check to see who has the. Eat deal. Every once and a while TF has a sale.
Just took a look at TruckFridge.com, had never seen their slide before. Will have to take some measurements but might just work and pretty sure it's the cheapest slide I have seen.

Cavo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Great Falls, VA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Richard
Member #

just ordered

I hope I can get by with what it comes with for now. No extra battery, no monitoring gauge, or new 12v plug, the cover or slider. Thank goodness for Amex points!!!!