What are the Best mods for subaru forester

• HTML tutorial

Slim

Rank 0

Contributor I

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/overland-build-thread-567849/

If you aren't aware of this guy, now you are...

"Capable" is a broad term, but you're wise seeking feedback, as not everything is necessary to have a great time. Knowing what your adventure intentions are would help folks here guide you.

Having said that, start with things that can be used in all of your vehicles and based on safety. Recovery equip, first aid, navigational aids, air compressor, tools and repair materials, and a battery jumper (such as antigravity or noco). I have a brother-in-law who spent a few grand lifting their Outback with new wheels and tires, and didn't invest in a spare tire...don't do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/overland-build-thread-567849/

If you aren't aware of this guy, now you are...

"Capable" is a broad term, but you're wise seeking feedback, as not everything is necessary to have a great time. Knowing what your adventure intentions are would help folks here guide you.

Having said that, start with things that can be used in all of your vehicles and based on safety. Recovery equip, first aid, navigational aids, air compressor, tools and repair materials, and a battery jumper (such as antigravity or noco). I have a brother-in-law who spent a few grand lifting their Outback with new wheels and tires, and didn't invest in a spare tire...don't do that.

The link you sent isnt working. I assume the guy you are talking about it the fozroamer. Ive seen most of his stuff. The only problem is so far hes one of the only people ive found detailimg his build.

Sidewindr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles CA
Member #

i'm currently building my 08 Forester. Just lifted 2", installed Primitive Racing Skid plate, tranny and rear diff plate. Running 215/70/16 AT tires.
Anxious to see how the rig performs once i finish outfitting it.

Slim

Rank 0

Contributor I

The link you sent isnt working. I assume the guy you are talking about it the fozroamer. Ive seen most of his stuff. The only problem is so far hes one of the only people ive found detailimg his build.
That may be correct...he's the only person I'm aware of that has bought a Forester, and proceeded to put $15,000 worth of equipment in/on it. Good luck!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
As with any Subaru tires alone will make a huge difference over the highway friendly rubber they come with. A full size spare and 5 tire rotations to keep them all worn evenly (very important) would be good idea. They’re not made of paper but armor is never a bad idea. Foresters, Crosstreks, and Outbacks already come with a respectable amount of clearance but a lift certainly won’t hurt. I can go on about the aforementioned recovery gear, tools, etc.. but if you’re new to this and/or Subaru’s in general what you really need is a good idea of what you’re car can and can’t do. I’d recommend finding your local MtnRoo chapter. That will give you the chance to learn and play with other Subaru’s.

473CA995-5EED-4979-93A3-F3AC5535810D.jpeg

Also feel free to touch base and reach out with your fellow Subaru driving members.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/subaru-owners-registry.3450/