US East Western Virginia Overland - Short Notice Spring Thaw

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

K9LTW

Rank I
OB1

Contributor II

Front Royal, VA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

@witchdoctor_33, how much of section 3 are you covering? We won’t be able to join as we’ll be at Douthat SP then, but plan to head north on section 3 from I64 there to either Brandywine or Wardensville, depending on how much time we have. I’m concerned about the water levels on the crossings along WV county route 61 as we’ll have a light trailer with us. If you could share conditions after your drive, it’d be appreciated!

Also, if you’re not aware, Lime Kiln Rd is closed near the southern intersection with Douthat Park Rd for culvert building. It’s supposed to be completed by March 15. It may be done early? Worth a call to the ranger station if that’s on your agenda.

Reactions: Dusther210

witchdoctor_33

Rank V

Traveler III

Roanoke, VA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
E
Member #

Ham Callsign
KO4BDT
@witchdoctor_33, how much of section 3 are you covering? We won’t be able to join as we’ll be at Douthat SP then, but plan to head north on section 3 from I64 there to either Brandywine or Wardensville, depending on how much time we have. I’m concerned about the water levels on the crossings along WV county route 61 as we’ll have a light trailer with us. If you could share conditions after your drive, it’d be appreciated!

Also, if you’re not aware, Lime Kiln Rd is closed near the southern intersection with Douthat Park Rd for culvert building. It’s supposed to be completed by March 15. It may be done early? Worth a call to the ranger station if that’s on your agenda.

We are only covering section 3 up to where it crosses Rt 250.