Western Virginia Monthly Meetup (old thread)

• HTML tutorial

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
There's also some talk about starting a "rigs and coffee" kind of meet-up for us, something informal and not requiring all day like a monthly trip would, but let's us get together to talk shop a bit and hang out. Don't rule out an impromptu ride through the woods though!

Any suggestions on locations in a central location for everyone? About an hour's drive from the edges of our area is what I've looked to stick with.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Well, I've been looking around Lexington for little "home town" breakfast spots and I think I'm going to give the Lexington Restaurant a try in the morning. They have a good amount of parking and I'm going to see how much space is available inside. I'm not sure what time I'll be there but if anyone wants to drop by they'd be more than welcome. We're gong through for a trip to C-ville (to break the monotony of always going to Roanoke and you eat at sushi king!) for the day.

Reactions: xnooby63

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
Well, I've been looking around Lexington for little "home town" breakfast spots and I think I'm going to give the Lexington Restaurant a try in the morning. They have a good amount of parking and I'm going to see how much space is available inside. I'm not sure what time I'll be there but if anyone wants to drop by they'd be more than welcome. We're gong through for a trip to C-ville (to break the monotony of always going to Roanoke and you eat at sushi king!) for the day.
Was just looking over reviews for the Lexington Restaurant, it's a cash only business. Sounds awesome.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
So that was an experience. I've been in some places where you get looks if you aren't a regular, but dang! The whole place almost fell silent when we walked in. I'm not so sure this is the place for us guys. I don't think one person that worked there smiled or had anything to say the whole time we were there...

Last edited:

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Any other suggestions for somewhere to meet up? There's a Waffle House there but I don't know about many other places.

Froyal5

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Front Royal, Virginia
Member #

I don't know if I'll be able to make it (trying to take wife and kids camping before go to Army annual training with my unit), but I'd recommend Mission BBQ in Charlottesville, VA if people wanted to meet around Charlottesville.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I don't know if I'll be able to make it (trying to take wife and kids camping before go to Army annual training with my unit), but I'd recommend Mission BBQ in Charlottesville, VA if people wanted to meet around Charlottesville.
Mission BBQ is good, I've eaten at the one in Roanoke and one in Richmond, but we're trying to stick to the Lexington area so everyone has about an hours drive. It's a two hour drive to C-ville for me and about the same from Roanoke.

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
I put a feeler out to my Lexington FB friends for a good eatery with a decent amount of parking... I'll keep y'all posted on what filters in.

Sent from somewhere out in the X

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Ok, do you guys want to push the meet-up till the 15th then? I can change it in the calender and we can go with that if that works better for everyone.

Tomorrow I'm going to be checking out that dutch oven introduction at Sportsmans Warehouse in Roanoke from 1-3pm I think. I'll probably be there a bit early though.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Ok guys, only a couple days left! There's Waffle House, Country Cookin, and then the standard fast food joints in the area. Does anyone have any preference? Patch mentioned possibly everyone grabbing their own food and meeting somewhere like the Lowe's parking lot or something.

Darrell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Unfortunately, i'm working again Saturday morning. I could possibly try to catch up later in the day, but if that doesn't work out, i'll just stick closer to home.