Western Virginia Monthly Meetup (old thread)

• HTML tutorial

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
OK everyone! Coming down to "Zero" hour on voting! Everyone get your say in today and I'll be updating tomorrow with the finalized date and a rough idea of what's happening.

Again, if anyone is familiar with the Buena Vista area and would like to take point for the "trail riding" please speak up! If not I've got some FS roads in mind but I know nothing about them.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
OK everyone, time is up!!! According to the poll, we are going to grab lunch to get acquainted, do some exploring around Buena Vista, and then if you'd like to, camp somewhere in the area afterward on May 20th! I hope everyone can come out for this!!!

Lunch will be around 11am at JJ's Meat Shak in Buena Vista to hopefully beat the rush and give us more time to explore the area afterward. There are some FS roads close as well as two camp sites. We'll discuss the route the day of after lunch. Once more, if anyone is familiar with the area, please speak up! Also remember that if all you can make is the meal or if you'll be busy during the day but would like to catch up with us that evening riding around or at camp, please post up with that info and I'll give you ways to contact me so that is possible. I'm not expecting to encounter any terrain a stock car won't handle so no matter what you drive, please come out and join in the fun! Also, this is supposed to be family friendly so feel free to drag the kids along for the ride as well!

I'd like a rough idea of how many to expect. We can go in this format, it seems to work for my local club when planning events, so please post up. Even if you are not sure if you are going to make it, post in the Possible header.

Format:
Screen name, First name, vehicle (so I have an idea of what to look for), number of people in your car. I'll try to keep the list up-to-date in the first post.

Copy the list and post it with your info on it.

Going:
TerryD, Terry, dark blue Xterra, 5

Possible:

Your entry should add to the previous person's so it is a running list and should resemble this.

Going:
Thatotherguy, JonDoe, beigewhatever, 1

Possible:
theotherotherguy, JDoe, whitewhatever, 1

Reactions: PipeFighter

smalldog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Forgot my detials
Smalldog
Live in Charlottesville
JKU White Backcounty model (KOA 2, AEV bumbers, rock rails, skid plates etc...)
Maybe kid will join - he is not sure what to make of all of this
If I come I will be camping and have no problem cooking for others. (Paleo)

Reactions: TerryD

ylojelo

Rank 0

Contributor I

ylojelo, J., Tan JKUR, 1+dog

I'm planning on being there and camping overnight. Fire up the new primus stove (well I used it once)

Going:
Smalldog, JKU White Backcounty, 2
Pipefighter, Patch, 2010 Xterra OR, 2
ShoKilla, Dwayne, 2009 Tundra, riding solo
ylojelo, J., Tan JKU, 1+dog

Possible:

Last edited:

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
At this point I maybe able to make it out for the day but will need to mosey back home to get set up for a horse show on Sunday.

Going:
Smalldog, JKU White Backcounty, 2
Pipefighter, Patch, 2010 Xterra OR, 2
ShoKilla, Dwayne, 2009 Tundra, riding solo
ylojelo, J., Tan JKU, 1+dog

Possible:
Xnooby, Bob 2012 p4x metallic green, possible+1

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
At this point I maybe able to make it out for the day but will need to mosey back home to get set up for a horse show on Sunday.
Welcome aboard Bob! Good to see you here!

Ill be down to come and hang out ill make the 5 hour drive for this
That'd be awesome if you are up for that and you'd be more than welcome, but you might check in the East regional forum and see if there's a meetup already going on in your area! Here's Chris' thread on the ones scheduled in this part of the US.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/region-east-may-1-update.6732/

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Yea ive looked at the list bewteen virginia and the new jersey are the only ones that are close to me
Like I said, you'd be more than welcome, but you might check with @Exped4x4 and see where his meet-up will be next in NOVA as well. He's dealing with the NOVA/MD/DC area I believe and Mike's got some neat stuff planned. Again, you'd be more than welcome here but I'm just trying to point you toward a group that's more local. Anyone from any region is welcome at the meetups though! The more the merrier!

Reactions: MA_Trooper

ylojelo

Rank 0

Contributor I

A friend in an FJ Cruiser, who may have signed into Overlandbound (I told him to) may join us, if thats OK.

Also, does anyone have a cb radio tuner meter thing they can bring? I will not pretend I know anything about it, but apparently I need to tune my cb/antenna

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
A friend in an FJ Cruiser, who may have signed into Overlandbound (I told him to) may join us, if thats OK.

Also, does anyone have a cb radio tuner meter thing they can bring? I will not pretend I know anything about it, but apparently I need to tune my cb/antenna
Everyone is welcome and I'd be happy to bring my antenna analyzer with me!

Reactions: ylojelo