Western Virginia Monthly Meetup (old thread)

• HTML tutorial

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
My work schedule is crazy and I work many Saturdays (at least part of the day) but I'll keep an eye out...

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Looks like there's a good bit of interest! If we met up every month, what day would work best for about everyone? Like I said, I'm free most Fridays and Saturdays.

Also, any suggestions for places around Roanoke to meet up at? I would think somewhere with a nice sized parking lot where we could grab a bite to eat, a cold beer, share stories and then hang out around the rigs in the lot for a bit without taking up the whole lot and getting run off.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Looks like there's a good bit of interest! If we met up every month, what day would work best for about everyone? Like I said, I'm free most Fridays and Saturdays.

Also, any suggestions for places around Roanoke to meet up at? I would think somewhere with a nice sized parking lot where we could grab a bite to eat, a cold beer, share stories and then hang out around the rigs in the lot for a bit without taking up the whole lot and getting run off.
forum message sent.

BRIAN NABY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roanoke Virginia
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nabywaniec
Member #

Just a quick thought on a location. Parkway brewery is easy to get to off 81. Good size parking lot and beer. It said on line they usually have food trucks there. I can always swing by to talk to them about a meet up

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Just a quick thought on a location. Parkway brewery is easy to get to off 81. Good size parking lot and beer. It said on line they usually have food trucks there. I can always swing by to talk to them about a meet up
I've never been to Parkway. I do like their beers though. I think the Bent Mountain IPA is one of my all time favorite beers.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Ballast Point is nice, a little fru-fru for my usual standards and not quite the kinda place I think of when "casual meetup" is mentioned but that's just my opinion... :laughing:

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey guys, I dropped a poll on the first post for you to fill out. It's in Google so just click the link and answer honestly and we'll get an idea of when everyone is available. I'd like to get a day when most everyone can attend, at least for a little while.

Thanks.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

BRIAN NABY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roanoke Virginia
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nabywaniec
Member #

I don't have a problem with it. The traffic and parking could be a problem but ya never know till ya try!

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I don't have a problem with it. The traffic and parking could be a problem but ya never know till ya try!
Traffic around Towers can be a mess sometimes, no doubt about that. But parking there is great. We've got some time yet to decide on a place but I'd like to have a date and location nailed down by next weekend.

I'm good with it

@TerryD
Check your messages
Sounds good! I replied to your message Mike.

Let me know if you need anything @TerryD
Will do Chris! Thanks!

witchdoctor_33

Rank VI

Influencer I

Roanoke, VA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
E
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4BDT
Another option could be Beamers downtown Roanoke.
Good burgers and beverages, and there is the huge parking lot on Salem Ave in front of the transportation museum.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Ok everyone! Here's the results of the poll.

Screenshot_20181209-075141_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20181209-075147_Firefox.jpg

Looks like Sunday and Saturday are the most voted for and a meetup in the afternoon won out easily.

We've also had Parkway, Beamers and Mission BBQ suggested for the location.

I've never been to Parkway or Beamers, so what are everyone's thoughts? Let's get this hammered out and I'll get us a Rally Point up and going for it.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
OK folks, there's been no more input so here's what I'm thinking. I've not been to Beamers or Parkway so we'll start at Mission BBQ and we can move it for subsequent meetings if we want to.

Sunday January 20th at 3pm at the Mission BBQ in Roanoke, Va at Towers Mall.

That should be after the lunch rush but before the supper one.

If that works for most everyone, I'll put up a Rally Point this weekend and I'll see ya'll then!