xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
This is the rally point thread, but to see the rally point page, click the yellow bar in the first post of this tread. :wink:
I've been trying that and to no avail.
After posting that last comment I did a copy and paste, what do ya know but I was taken to the rally point page. I've finally RSVP'd looking forward to meeting all of you and breaking-in (but not breaking) my X [emoji869][emoji908]

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TerryD

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I've been informed that while this trail is doable in a stock vehicle, the puddles can get quite deep in some areas especially after it rains. I am making plans to go, but I am still driving in stock height and will have to make a decision closer to the weekend of the trip to see if there's been any significant rainfall prior.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
@xnooby63 Are there bypasses around the water holes or shallower lines through them?

@DRJ I personally don't like going through deep water or mud in my vehicles either, that is just a maintenance nightmare. I'm not against turning around if I encounter something I'm not willing to subject my Xterra to so some of us can re-route and then re-group at camp. Flexibility is key when overlanding anyways!

Reactions: DRJ

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
In the past yes, I'm not sure of now. Had planned on doing a run through this past weekend, but life got in the way.

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
I "might" still be able to make it work out before the meet up. So I can have a solid memory of the trail to inform the group from.

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

If I go I'll be in my Tundra as well and I won't mind bird-dogging it for ya. Have a CB?
I had a set of CBs that I can't find. :-/ And always good to roll with other Tundras. However, the odds of me going have dropped significantly. Busted the steering rack on the truck which is getting replaced this week. And the family may have made weekend plans which I would be the designated chauffeur. I'll have to update my RSVP later in the week after I know more.

Btw, are you hitting up the Toyota Appalachian Roundup event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

If I go I'll be in my Tundra as well and I won't mind bird-dogging it for ya. Have a CB?
I had a set of CBs that I can't find. :-/ And always good to roll with other Tundras. However, the odds of me going have dropped significantly. Busted the steering rack on the truck which is getting replaced this week. And the family may have made weekend plans which I would be the designated chauffeur. I'll have to update my RSVP later in the week after I know more.

Reactions: ShoKilla

ShoKilla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

McKenney, Va
Member #

I'm camping in Va Beach that weekend. Good luck with the truck!

Reactions: Nootherids

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey guys, I bumped into @witchdoctor_33 the other day and he mentioned he's got a buddy wanting to come along and I've got a friend who's gonna be coming along as well. I was wondering if anyone else has some friends coming along in their own rigs as well. We've only got 5-6 rsvp'd at this point so I'm curious about our total numbers.

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Hey guys, I bumped into @witchdoctor_33 the other day and he mentioned he's got a buddy wanting to come along and I've got a friend who's gonna be coming along as well. I was wondering if anyone else has some friends coming along in their own rigs as well. We've only got 5-6 rsvp'd at this point so I'm curious about our total numbers.
Good chance I will NOT be able to make it. Will update my RSVP by Wednesday if I can't go.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
That's a shame man, but I get it. I've had truck troubles and family stuff pull rank on my fun. Keep you eye out for the next one!

Reactions: Nootherids