Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
The Virginia West crew is going to do a trip to Big Levels near Staunton, Virginia. There are some people planning on camping as well as some who will just be out for the day. Trail is said to be stock friendly but be aware there are some deeper water holes to cross.

View Rally Point
Reactions: witchdoctor_33

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Ook guys, welcome to the trip thread! Please RSVP on the Rally Point page so we have a rough head count. Any questions, suggestions, or complaints, feel free to drop them here!

@xnooby63 , any suggestions on campsites in the area? Even if I don't camp, I'd like to come hang out at camp for a bit with everyone.

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
There are several options along the trail for camping, but unless we have ppl willing to babysit gear. I would suggest eyeballing as we ride and return to our most desired location. Keeping in mind others could possibly settle in before we return. If all else fails there is Sherando campground near our rally point. As I stated previously, I haven't been on these trails in at least 15 years. It may have or have not changed since I last saw the area.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bjorn44 and TerryD

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

I signed up and will be my first time riding with you guys. Coming from Northern VA. Gonna make this a day trip, no camping but will bring my gear in case life happens. I don't mind technical trails but I do have a size limit since I'm bringing my full size Tundra which is also my daily driver. If the trails are too tight please let me know and I'll back out. Thnx.

Reactions: TerryD and Bjorn44

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I signed up and will be my first time riding with you guys. Coming from Northern VA. Gonna make this a day trip, no camping but will bring my gear in case life happens. I don't mind technical trails but I do have a size limit since I'm bringing my full size Tundra which is also my daily driver. If the trails are too tight please let me know and I'll back out. Thnx.
Well welcome! You're more than welcome to ride along, but I'm not sure about trail widths and how tight "tight" is to you. Bob @xnooby63 is the only one of us who has any experience with the trail and it's been a while since he's been there, but maybe he has some input on that. Probably expect some pin striping but I haven't heard that it's that technical.

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
@Nootherids my recollection of trail widths is that most of the trails are/were plenty wide enough for a full size truck. Some are/were narrow but those are tangents off of the main trail. Like @TerryD said you may end up with some custom pin stripping.

Reactions: TerryD

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Branches are expected. But going up against a tree and the tree would win. Mostly cause the only referee is my wife. I just can't go on trails that are mostly sized for Jeeps and other short wheelbase vehicles.

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
Branches are expected. But going up against a tree and the tree would win. Mostly cause the only referee is my wife. I just can't go on trails that are mostly sized for Jeeps and other short wheelbase vehicles.
In the past I've seen suburbans and other full size trucks on these trails.

Reactions: Nootherids

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

This sounds rad! I'll be coming from DC & I'm hoping to make it down Friday to camp at my spot in Stokesville. It'll be my first outing as a member and I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks.

smalldog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

I am hoping I can make it. Put me down as a maybe for now, but should be able to know in about a week. I am open to camping, and this time will not have to run into town for supplies.

JWOOD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Wood
Member #

I just RSVP'd! This is a fun trail but I haven't been on it in years.

JWOOD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Wood
Member #

I'll be heading up from RVA. If anyone else decides to join from the area let me know we could convoy.

ShoKilla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

McKenney, Va
Member #

If I go I'll be in my Tundra as well and I won't mind bird-dogging it for ya. Have a CB?

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
I gotta tell ya... Thought I was tech savvy enough to deal with these forum threads but I can't seem to successfully find the rally point thread [emoji53]... I'll be there with two and possibly three riders.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
This is the rally point thread, but to see the rally point page, click the yellow bar in the first post of this tread. :wink: