Launch Member

Member I

West Virginia
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
White
Member #

So I understand that this region will never have as much to offer as the West, but anything is better than nothing! We have so much potential in this area (Sleepy Creek WMA which is 23000 acres, Monongahelia, and George Washington National Forest). Maybe it is just me but I'm super hard pressed to find overlanding trails. I feel like this area could have so much great land to offer. Does anyone have any advice on speaking with officials to potentially get some more off-road options come about? As far as lobbying or petitioning to have these constructed? Where do you start with a request/task like this? Also, would anyone be interested in tackling this with me and seeing our areas options improved? Lets see what we can do!

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Use programs like Gaia GPS and iOverlander to find some great routes and trails, including camp areas and BLM land available. My group also does overlanding primarily in Virgnia/West VA areas. Feel free to PM me and join us for some trips.

No mad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chesapeake, VA, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Crutcher
Member #

I’m new in VA in the Chesapeake area, is there anywhere currently to stay overnight with my RTT?

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

I’m new in VA in the Chesapeake area, is there anywhere currently to stay overnight with my RTT?
DRebel, welcome!

Try using ioverlander, it's an app. Shows places to explore and camp. Then just call local offices and see if they're open

DrockinWV

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Morgantown, WV
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Parsley
Member #

This is current going through West Virginia Senate, not sure if there have been many updates since it was going through right be for the virus. But it seems as they are headed in the right direction at least.

WV Overland Bill

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Unfortunately, knuckleheads that go off-trail get areas closed. Historically it's happened in GW Nat Forest. There is a tracebook group in the panhandle that frequently has people posting pics of their exploits in Sleepycreek WMA. Those "trails" are intended for hunting access, not wheeling.

Some people just don't get the concept of "tread lightly"