West Virginia Members

• HTML tutorial

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

New River area is really nice.. We came down to Burning Rock about 10 years ago with our 2 atv's. Did a 5 day vaca. Had a cabin near Beaver. Cabins at Pine Haven, they are linked through the BR site..But we camp in vehicles now, right??!!! I heard that Burning Rock opened up to 4x4 vehicles also.. You could check them out..https://burningrockwv.com/ My wife and I really liked it there..They've added the camping/cabins since we were there.. They had just installed the zipline but wouldn't allow us to ride...lol..

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank Outdoors

carb850

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Charleston, WV, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dodd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8MGA
Greetings, new member and new to Overlanding. I live in Charleston and starting to get some goodies for my 4Runner. Last year I tagged along with a group that did a short trip to Watoga and some rural roads in the area, but nothing very technical. I'm hoping to do a couple short trips in the region this year. I'd like to head down to VA mountains and explore and the KAT in Kentucky.

Pull the Pin

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Cottageville, West Virginia
Member #

Greetings, new member and new to Overlanding. I live in Charleston and starting to get some goodies for my 4Runner. Last year I tagged along with a group that did a short trip to Watoga and some rural roads in the area, but nothing very technical. I'm hoping to do a couple short trips in the region this year. I'd like to head down to VA mountains and explore and the KAT in Kentucky.
Welcome, I am based only 45 min north of you. If you ever want to tag along with us or want some company on trips let me know.

CParsons_343

Rank 0

Contributor I

Grove City, Ohio, United States
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Parsons
Greetings from Parkersburg, Wv. I’m in a 2016 F-150, currently the only mods are a level, and I’m waiting on the arrival of bigger/more aggressive tires. Have only done very minimal exploring since I bought the truck, but wanting to get out. Any recommendations here in Wv?

Contributor I

Amissville, VA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
Stenholm
Member #

Hey, located Ripley, WV driving a 2006 Jeep XK. Mainly exploring the Monogelieha National, and New River National River currently with current goals of the beach, MOAB, and Alpine Loop around Ouray, CO.
I'm planning a trip to New River Gorge soon, do you have any locations you'd recommend? Trails that are passable for a stock 4runner with a trailer? Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: CParsons_343

wvjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

WV
First Name
Derek
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K8CD
I'm the new guy over in the panhandle. Living in Charles Town, WV and driving a 2015 JKU-S.

J_lovejoy

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

South Charleston, WV, USA
First Name
Jimmy
Last Name
Lovejoy
Member #

Charleston area here. Just bought my 18 f150 a few months ago. New to the overland scene. Parts piling up for early spring install in preparation for adventuring west July 2020

Pull the Pin

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Cottageville, West Virginia
Member #

I'm planning a trip to New River Gorge soon, do you have any locations you'd recommend? Trails that are passable for a stock 4runner with a trailer? Many thanks in advance.
Late to response, my apologies. Have not found many trails in that area yet, there is some free primative campsites however. Army Camp, Glade Creek, and Grand Sandbar. They are not bad places with pit toilets. During the tourst time of year can be hard to find a spot as it is first come first serve basis. How ever we took our XK and pulled a M416 trailer across a fun road. If you are affriad of some pin stripping then I would not advise it. And couple places could be challenging. Called McKendree Rd if your coming in from the town of Prince, WV. We made it all the way through and a stock 4 runner could. Just wouldnt advise when it is wet.

Reactions: Chasing_Windmills

jrelliott23

Rank 0

Contributor I

West Virginia
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Elliott
Hey everybody, my name's Justin and I'm from the Northern Panhandle (Wheeling/Weirton area). New to Overlanding but have always enjoyed the outdoors. Im driving a 2016 GMC Sierra with a 3.5" lift and 33's - looking forward to the next adventure!

Reactions: Pull the Pin

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I came down from sw NY last August.. did the Canaan Loop out of Black Water Falls state park and a good section of the Shenendoah /Allegheny loop.. Flagpole Knob, Spruce Knob... It seemed a lot of the trail followed along Laseki [sp] tree farm property MANY miles worth..

carb850

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Charleston, WV, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dodd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8MGA
I’m from the Charleston area and trying to get started at all this and getting my truck set up right.
Greetings, also from Charleston. Still new but also still getting my ride ready. I had hoped to get out some more this spring/summer but current events are not the most conducive.

WVoverland

Rank 0

Contributor I

Charleston, WV, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Greetings, also from Charleston. Still new but also still getting my ride ready. I had hoped to get out some more this spring/summer but current events are not the most conducive.
Yeah unfortunately idk when any of the camp grounds will be back open but at least it gives me a little more time to get the rig ready