Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Der
Last Name
Wotan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE3R
Hi everybody - slowly getting Ruby (2014 Wrangler Rubicon JK) set up to where I want it to be (RTT, awning, steel rims/larger tires, etc.)

So, I am considering a road trip for 2018 - From W. IA via Badlands, Grand Teton/Yellowstone, Glacier, then
West through ID and WA (Mount Rainier) to the coast and down towards the CA border, spending about 1 week going down the coast, before heading back East via Crater Lake, NV, Zion, Canyonlands, Moab, then via CO back home.

The major goal for this trip is (as usual for me) making photographs around these locations for printing as landscape and fine art sales options. Obviously, the journey is part of the package, so I'll likely go mostly via non-Interstate routes to get there and back... I also don't plan on staying in hotels.

I have some spots I want to visit along the coast (cf. below,) but since I'm not that familiar with the area, I was wondering if I am missing anything that is must see along the way; or (even better) that is off the beaten path but worth a visit... Any other suggestions, tips, gotchas, etc. welcome. I am very familiar with the CO/UT/AZ/WY/MT areas, and have been offroading there for many years; OR, WA, etc. is newer territory for me.

I am prepared to be on the road for about 17-18 days right now; my maximum would be 25 days for this; being self-employed, I am somewhat flexible.

Screenshot 2017-12-02 13.25.24.png Screenshot 2017-12-02 13.25.14.png

Wotan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Der
Last Name
Wotan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE3R
Decided on a possible starting strategy...

Leaving W. IA via normal roads to meet up with the TAT in Elkhart, KS. Then mostly via TAT to the OR coast... Way back would be via normal roads, hitting Crater Lake, Glacier, Grand Tetons, Canyonlands, then Interstates home...

Screenshot 2017-12-03 15.27.52.png

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Thinking of making a run from Alberta to the coast and down to the CA boarder and back next month so I'll be following for the same advice. I spent a couple days in Lincoln City falling off a surf board but that was 10 years ago now. The sand dunes around Flourence OR were pretty cool!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wotan