West Coast / Sierras / Cascades Trip

• HTML tutorial

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

Just got back on Monday from a 10 trip down the West Coast US, and return up through the Sierras/Cascades.
It was alot of time spent on the concrete as we were covering 2k+ miles... But we found plenty of time to get in the dirt and mud

Our big destination point was Yosemite National Park, which did not disappoint. We were able to spend 3 weekdays there, which was nice avoiding the crowds.

Screenshots of the route below.. but we hit multiple OR Coast spots, Redwoods NP, Tillamook NF, Inyo NF, Modoc NF, Newberry Volcanic, Smith Rock, and more.

My Fiance and I are big into hiking/backpacking, as well as getting the taco into 4x4... And this trip was a great combo of all. If anyone from washington is thinking about a Yosemite or Central Cali trip, I would highly recommend this route. I do wish we had a few more days to work with though!

Route deets

OR - Cape Perpetua

CA - Jedediah Redwoods SP

Yosemite NP

OR - Newberry Volcanic NM

OR - Smith Rock SP

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

What a great trip! You guys saw an amazing amount of scenery!

It looks like you drove right past my favorite national forest, Mendocino. Its to the East of Ukiah in between CA-101 and I-5. Its a fantastic place to explore and camp if you ever come back down this way again.

Reactions: Merk

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

What a great trip! You guys saw an amazing amount of scenery!

It looks like you drove right past my favorite national forest, Mendocino. Its to the East of Ukiah in between CA-101 and I-5. Its a fantastic place to explore and camp if you ever come back down this way again.
Mendocino was on the original trip plan, I definitely want to check it out. Along with Shasta-Trinity and Lassen. We planned to hit it on the way home... but when we found out Tioga pass was opened up, we rerouted to the I-395 route

Reactions: MBroenkow