Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

It’s like a sad broken record of me getting a rig and saying I’m gonna keep it . Hopefully this one will stick .
this is actually the second time I’ve owned this truck bought it from the original owner like 15 years ago , had it for a couple years before giving it to my dad so he had reliable transportation.
The goods
4” rancho drop lift
4.10 gears
315/75r16s
Rebuilt and upgraded 4l60e
Tall canopy
TBI 350 IMG_6055.jpegIMG_6054.jpegIMG_6053.jpegIMG_6050.jpegIMG_6049.jpegIMG_6045.jpeg

Reactions: Mekcanix and Forte

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Recent snow/ice storm delayed parts so got the 270 awning mocked up . Need to make some plates inside and out to take up the load and maybe lower it another 1/2 inch so it’s just right on top of the canopy hatch IMG_6117.jpegIMG_6119.jpegIMG_6113.jpegIMG_6114.jpegIMG_6115.jpegIMG_6116.jpeg

Forte

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fountain Hills, AZ, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
McW
Member #

Definitely keep this one! I always wanted and OBS but didn't want to deal with smog here in Phoenix... Much easier to get an OBD2 1996+ to pass. Stance looks great, steelies and big tires ftw!

Reactions: Smileyshaun

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Finally got around to refreshing the front end and I’m surprised this thing didn’t fall apart driving down the road. I’ve never seen a ball joint sheer off the bottom.View attachment 273293View attachment 273294
Talk about lucky! Good looking truck! My dad still has his 98 extended cab long bed (that he bought new in 98), but he doesn't drive it all that much these days.

Still runs and drives perfectly though.

Reactions: Smileyshaun

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Super overloaded with work ( floral industry) and having to move has taken up all my free time but had a little down time between trucks and attempted to do a little shining on the paint and pull the hood and front fender straight . Truck had a ton of moss growing on one side of and it must have etched the paint and windows because it would not buff out even being aggressive with the high speed buffer IMG_6351.pngIMG_6352.png

a little light sanding with some 1500 wet sandpaper and most of it came out , need to go over again with some 2000+ but looks better than it did . IMG_6353.png

Reactions: reaver