Well I am ok but...

• HTML tutorial

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

Don't keep us all in suspense... we wanna know details of how you mishap occurred. Hoping it was while out and off-pavement but suspect it was a traffic related event.

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

Sorry to hear, glad you're okay and damage wasn't worse. Going to help a friend with...? As someone said before me, "No good deed goes unpunished!"

JonathanMColeman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sorry to hear, glad you're okay and damage wasn't worse. Going to help a friend with...? As someone said before me, "No good deed goes unpunished!"
Well to put it gently my friends wheel cylinder exploded while she was driving home.

Well I'm currently worried about is whether or not the insurance will try and total my truck out or not

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

Totalling the truck out is probably what they'll consider since repair costs are pretty high and the truck isn't a late model. But you can buy it back from them at a discount (or so I've been informed) and do the repairs yourself by taking advantage of "Pull-A-Part" or other salvage yards in your area. Just go online to find the same or similar vehicle on their yard, take your tools and/or a battery op impact gun and snatch all the parts you need. Then go home and repeat in reverse order. I've had to "reconstruct" mine before - just time and energy. Oh, and thanks to whoever came up with YouTube!!!

JonathanMColeman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I've also been told this. And I've also been informed that you can argue the price of your vehicle because they have to tell you what they value your vehicle at. My motor was rebuilt less than 20,000 miles ago my transmission was rebuilt less than 15000 miles ago my drive shaft is also going to replace this last year the brakes have fully been rebuilt in the fuel system has been thoroughly cleaned. I have new innards in an old body. my truck is worth more than they're going to look at it and say cuz as far as insurance concerned it's about 500 Miles short of 230,000 miles on a 1995 old truck. So they're not going to value it very highly.but a truck of comprable condition is close to six grand if not higher. Because I have zero rust on the body in only light surface rust on the frame