Launch Member

Traveler III

Prince George, BC, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Riley
Member #

Have you done, or know of anyone (besides Expedition Overland) who has run the Alexander Mackenzie trail?
Hey, No unfortunately i have not run it nor know of anyone that has run the Alexander Mackenzie Trail. I watched the recent Expedition Overland series of them battling through the trail and what a trip eh! Just crazy bushwhacking! It would be worth going to take a look at the condition in the spring/summer as they cleared out quite a lot of the fallen debris. I wish i had a more capable off road vehicle otherwise id take a trip and see how far id get on the trail but with having a pretty much stock F150 i wouldn't even try the trail. However the Prince George Jeep owners club would probably have info on the trail or a guy or two who have done or attempted the trail.

xcoburn

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cold Lake, Alberta
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Coburn
Member #

Service Branch
RCAF
Hey, wondering if anyone in the Edmonton area would like to meet up around Christmas time?
I'll be out from Cold Lake, visiting my dad for the holidays.

It would be awesome to chat with like-minded people, not too many around Cold Lake lol

Ubiquitous

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Calgary, Alberta
Member #

Checking in from Calgary. Thinking about doing a winter run for the first time in the next while. Anyone have any suggestions?
Not a lot of snow but still wintery when we were out last week in Waiparous.

Waiparous Valley Road continuing into the trail along Waiparous Creek is in good shape. Margaret Lake is very achievable.

Reactions: Jason Clark

Jason Clark

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Calgary Alberta Canada
Member #

Spent half the summer over in your side. Transit time makes it a long weekend unless we're just headed to Golden or similar for the night. Not sure our winter shoes are set for full on mountain winter overlanding!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using OB Talk mobile app