Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Howdy!

As most of you have seen, we have further defined our US regions and assigned Ambassadors to oversee them (thread here: Overland Bound Regions!). As the ambassador for the Southeast Region I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and inform you of what I have in mind for our region.

About Me:
My name is Danan Coleman (AdventureWithDanan in the forums). I LOVE the outdoors. I camp, dirt bike, mountain bike, off-road, explore, hike and travel as many places as I can. I do a fair amount of travel for my work, so each time I go somewhere I try to take a day or at least a partial day to adventure. I am an entrepreneur. I have 2 Amazon companies with my wife and our business partner and we help companies launch products on Amazon.com worldwide. I also have a web development company. My passion is Adventuring. If I could make money doing that, you bet I would be doing that FULL TIME!

The Region:
There was no shortage of deliberation over how to proceed with the US regions. Michael, Corrie and the staff members of Overland Bound finally decided on these regions because they best suit our needs. As an ambassador, my role is one of facilitator, Facebook group administrator, and point of contact for the forums. You can come to me, or any of the ambassadors/staffers/moderators with questions or concerns.

My Vision for the Southeast Region:
Why regions? Well, the need for regions arose a while ago but hadn't seemed as big of an issue until recently. The point is to create more cohesion and encourage more face to face time between members who are geographical neighbors. The forums are great and we have an awesome community and that will continue but we want to add that little something that takes this community beyond the computer monitor. Solidifying regions and assigning ambassadors is the first step to this.

Southeast Region Goals (for now):
  • Standard Meetup Locations: I think we should work toward deciding on standard locations for meetups. I know some of you will not want to go very far, while others do. Some of them will be at the pub or coffee shop, some will be at a national park or off-road resort ;). But I think they should be at least once per month.
  • Standard regional communications: You'll find the OverlandBound.com regional forum here: U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
    And our Facebook group is here: Overland Bound - Southeast | Facebook
    The Facebook group is closed, when you request to join expect a personal message from me asking for your member number.
  • Event Planning: The event calendar on OverlandBound.com is located here: https://overlandbound.com/forums/calendar/
    We will also have events planned on Facebook so that we can keep an accurate tally of who is showing up, event details, etc.
Obviously I will need the help of you guys to make all of this a reality! If you have an idea for an event and you don't want or think you can plan it yourself let me know. We will do our best to make it happen. Be sure to post up in the trip planning thread so everyone can see. I will do my best to keep an eye on things in that thread and act as a promoter to help get people there. I love this group and I consider all of you my friends though we've never met and I will do my best to help my region be as well organized as possible!

Here are a few places to keep your eye on so you don't miss anything that is happening.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Bound East

I will be your point of contact to organize and administrate this region and I hope to do a great job of it! I look forward to meeting all of you! Please feel free to chime in anytime by replying to this or sending me a Direct Message (DM).

For those of you reading this in other regions, here are the links to all the regions:

East Region - Overland Bound - East | Facebook
Southeast Region - Overland Bound - Southeast | Facebook
Midwest Region - Overland Bound - Midwest | Facebook
North West Region - Overland Bound - Northwest | Facebook
West Region - Overland Bound - West | Facebook
Southwest Region - Overland Bound - Southwest | Facebook
Rocky Mountain Region - Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain | Facebook

Sincerely,
Danan Coleman

Last edited:

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Hi I'm Jeremy I was woundering who I could talk to about becoming an official new member and how I get my emblem for the south east region
Welcome to the group Jeremy! You can buy the emblem here.
https://store.overlandbound.com/collections/frontpage
When you order it, you will be designated a member number and can then get your account upgraded on the forum! Right now, there are no emblems for regions, but patches and decals are going to be produced for each region shortly! Hope that answers your question!

T_Polo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Applewood, Lakewood, CO, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Markham
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy (veteran)
Hello Dananc,
Though I haven't been very active on the forums lately (been busy with life), I have been a fan of the "regions" talk for a long time. I'm glad to see it in all it's glory. Thank you much for stepping up.

The JKU Kraken

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ft lauderdale
Member #

Howdy!

As most of you have seen, we have further defined our US regions and assigned Ambassadors to oversee them (thread here: Overland Bound Regions!). As the ambassador for the Southeast Region I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and inform you of what I have in mind for our region.

About Me:
My name is Danan Coleman (Dananc in the forums). I LOVE the outdoors. I camp, dirt bike, mountain bike, off-road, explore, hike and travel as many places as I can. I do a fair amount of travel for my work, so each time I go somewhere I try to take a day or at least a partial day to adventure. I am an entrepreneur. I have 2 Amazon companies with my wife and our business partner and we help companies launch products on Amazon.com worldwide. I also have a web development company. My passion is Adventuring. If I could make money doing that, you bet I would be doing that FULL TIME!

The Region:
There was no shortage of deliberation over how to proceed with the US regions. Michael, Corrie and the staff members of Overland Bound finally decided on these regions because they best suit our needs. As an ambassador, my role is one of facilitator, Facebook group administrator, and point of contact for the forums. You can come to me, or any of the ambassadors/staffers/moderators with questions or concerns.

My Vision for the Southeast Region:
Why regions? Well, the need for regions arose a while ago but hadn't seemed as big of an issue until recently. The point is to create more cohesion and encourage more face to face time between members who are geographical neighbors. The forums are great and we have an awesome community and that will continue but we want to add that little something that takes this community beyond the computer monitor. Solidifying regions and assigning ambassadors is the first step to this.

Southeast Region Goals (for now):
  • Standard Meetup Locations: I think we should work toward deciding on standard locations for meetups. I know some of you will not want to go very far, while others do. Some of them will be at the pub or coffee shop, some will be at a national park or off-road resort ;). But I think they should be at least once per month.
  • Standard regional communications: You'll find the OverlandBound.com regional forum here: https://overlandbound.com/forums/forums/southeast.82/
    And our Facebook group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundSoutheast/
    The Facebook group is closed, when you request to join expect a personal message from me asking for your member number.
  • Event Planning: The event calendar on OverlandBound.com is located here: https://overlandbound.com/forums/calendar/
    We will also have events planned on Facebook so that we can keep an accurate tally of who is showing up, event details, etc.
Obviously I will need the help of you guys to make all of this a reality! If you have an idea for an event and you don't want or think you can plan it yourself let me know. We will do our best to make it happen. Be sure to post up in the trip planning thread so everyone can see. I will do my best to keep an eye on things in that thread and act as a promoter to help get people there. I love this group and I consider all of you my friends though we've never met and I will do my best to help my region be as well organized as possible!

Here are a few places to keep your eye on so you don't miss anything that is happening.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Bound East

I will be your point of contact to organize and administrate this region and I hope to do a great job of it! I look forward to meeting all of you! Please feel free to chime in anytime by replying to this or sending me a Direct Message (DM).

For those of you reading this in other regions, here are the links to all the regions:

East Region - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundEast/
Southeast Region - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundSoutheast/
Midwest Region - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundMidwest/
North West Region - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundNorthwest/
West Region - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundWest/
Southwest Region - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundSouthWest/
Rocky Mountain Region - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundRockyMountain

Sincerely,
Danan Coleman
I'm just a little bit south of you in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Anything you need help with to get a meet up together or plan a trip let me know and I will be available!

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
I'm just a little bit south of you in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Anything you need help with to get a meet up together or plan a trip let me know and I will be available!
Well thanks!

We've got a meet up coming (tentatively) on the 17th of June in Pompano Beach... I have to speak with @ClarkT to discuss details, but he's in Costa Rica I think on an 8 day Land Rover expedition... He had to work ya know?

clmautz

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Auburn, AL, USA
First Name
Chip
Last Name
Mautz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BLI
Hello, from Auburn, Alabama. I'm new (again) to SE Alabama, and am scouting places for us overlanders to go in Alabama. We have some documented trails around Birmingham, and up north, but I believe there's way more to map out. Originally from NE Georgia, I cut my teeth offroading/overlanding on N. Ga's wonderful fire service roads. I hope to be up there soon again, and hope to meet some of y'all as well.

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hello, from Auburn, Alabama. I'm new (again) to SE Alabama, and am scouting places for us overlanders to go in Alabama. We have some documented trails around Birmingham, and up north, but I believe there's way more to map out. Originally from NE Georgia, I cut my teeth offroading/overlanding on N. Ga's wonderful fire service roads. I hope to be up there soon again, and hope to meet some of y'all as well.
Welcome to the group @clmautz ! It is an intention of mine to create a standard location that OB members can go to search for routes southeast region (and expand in to all the others). That's going to be quite an undertaking, so for now, please check out our downloadable maps here: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/

Reactions: clmautz

clmautz

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Auburn, AL, USA
First Name
Chip
Last Name
Mautz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BLI
Thanks! I've actually found a few trail databases that could prove handy. I'll get you the links.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Silver_Slug

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Welcome. I am from Birmingham, but have to travel to Auburn some for work from time to time. I would look up the fb group Alabama Overland. You can find some info on places throughout central and north Alabama.

Reactions: Brutus and Stratz

GoingCommando

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toledo, Lewis County, Washington, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Rue
Member #

Attachments