Weekend trip to Moab, UT

• HTML tutorial

Merkwier

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys, I want to leave from Co Springs on Friday evening and drive to Moab, and be back in time for work on Monday. With such a short time frame, where do you guys recommend going specifically, as far as trails or what things to see maybe. This will be my first time going and I'm driving a stock f150.

Thanks for any pointers!

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Do the Gemini Bridges and Long Canyon Loop. Easy and Long Canyon is super scenic. There is also a loop at Upper Onion Creek which is nice. It is mapped out as part of the Utah BDR route.

Arm13

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Surrey, BC Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
McBride
Member #

Keep me in the loop because my oldest son and myself are driving to JKUs down there in early October I want to do easy to moderate off-roading because the 20-hour drive back home with a busted vehicle doesn't sound good

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using OB Talk mobile app

Leftcoastadv

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southwest
Also check out sand flats road to the top, turn left into porcupine rim campground. Walk to the edge for a great view of castle valley.
You'll be looking at the same area that onion creek runs through.
Kane creek up to Hurrah pass. You'll be on the east side of the river. Potash rd and Shafer trail is on the west side.
Everything mentioned in this thread can be run in your f150
Since you'll be tight on time I think Shafer to potash is a must do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Keep me in the loop because my oldest son and myself are driving to JKUs down there in early October I want to do easy to moderate off-roading because the 20-hour drive back home with a busted vehicle doesn't sound good

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using OB Talk mobile app
White Rim Trail, Long Canyon/Gemini Bridges and the section named UT2 Monticello to Dewey Bridge on the UTAH BDR route are all good. You can just pick that up south of town and do a loop from the south end of Moab to the NE end off of HWY 128.

https://ridebdr.com/UTBDR

Reactions: Merkwier

flyfisher117

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Idaho
First Name
John
Last Name
Hansen
Member #

Do the Gemini Bridges and Long Canyon Loop. Easy and Long Canyon is super scenic. There is also a loop at Upper Onion Creek which is nice. It is mapped out as part of the Utah BDR route.
How much time should one expect on the Long Canyon Loop?