Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
First Name
Jerome
Last Name
Pollos
Member #

I’m ready to get some more weekday trips on the books before my busy work season takes up all my weekends. Does anyone else have weekdays off for overlanding around Eastern Washington, North Idaho or Western Montana?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Yep!
My schedule is flexible. Pretty much can pick the days I want to have off. I'm not always available for spontaneous adventures, but if I have a handful of days notice I can usually make it work.

Reactions: Romer

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

We have mondays and tuesdays off, next nice week we are heading out from Spokane, not sure where yet, we are new to the area.

Reactions: Romer

Romer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
First Name
Jerome
Last Name
Pollos
Member #

I’m traveling for work over the next few weeks. But we should definitely get something going, even if it’s just some trails on a day trip.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hey @chuckoverland Jake,
Would you be interested in running around NE of CDA?

Link to GPX file:

Elevation.jpg

This is North end on the left and we exited at the south end. Second tall spike was almost to Spades Peak.

A couple of us did this run back in 2016 in the fall. If we started at your end it stays below 4500ft until you try to get to spades Peak. I'd like to find a spot for another MEGs (Meet Eat Greet and Sleep) event.
I could be down that way(CDA) around 9ish on Monday
PA180012.JPG
Kind of a nasty day, but we had a good time.

@Romer ,
I would thing by the time you are back I'd like to try running up a little higher. A group of us made it right up to about 4000ft 2 weeks ago. Id like to find a spot with a great view and do a full moon campout. At the north end of the above track is Bernard peak. plenty of room there for a group to spend the night. no "view" from the peak itself, but I'm not sure if a short walk would reveal something spectacular or not? It was super easy to get to from the north end and we actually went to there first and then aired down.

Last edited:

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Just looked dup full moon dates.

Jun. 28 Strawberry Moon 12:53 a.m
Jul. 27 Buck Moon 4:21 p.m.
Aug. 26 Sturgeon Moon 7:56 a.m.

Reactions: Crapitecture

Crapitecture

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Spokane, WA
Member #

Just looked dup full moon dates.

Jun. 28 Strawberry Moon 12:53 a.m
Jul. 27 Buck Moon 4:21 p.m.
Aug. 26 Sturgeon Moon 7:56 a.m.
I like the full moon idea. Definitely in for the July and August dates. I’m out of town on the June date.

Things should cool down at work soon and I could take a day out during the week. I’m following you guys and check daily so I’ll jump in when I can.

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Hey @chuckoverland Jake,
Would you be interested in running around NE of CDA?

Link to GPX file:

View attachment 55938

This is North end on the left and we exited at the south end. Second tall spike was almost to Spades Peak.

A couple of us did this run back in 2016 in the fall. If we started at your end it stays below 4500ft until you try to get to spades Peak. I'd like to find a spot for another MEGs (Meet Eat Greet and Sleep) event.
I could be down that way(CDA) around 9ish on Monday
View attachment 55939
Kind of a nasty day, but we had a good time.

@Romer ,
I would thing by the time you are back I'd like to try running up a little higher. A group of us made it right up to about 4000ft 2 weeks ago. Id like to find a spot with a great view and do a full moon campout. At the north end of the above track is Bernard peak. plenty of room there for a group to spend the night. no "view" from the peak itself, but I'm not sure if a short walk would reveal something spectacular or not? It was super easy to get to from the north end and we actually went to there first and then aired down.
We would like to come out monday, i dont think we can do 9 though. We are both working long hours on mothers day. We could maybe do noon or 1pm.