Rank III

Contributor III

Lawrenceville, Gwinnett County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Mitchell
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Does anyone have experience with a WeBoost cell signal booster? Can I run an 'inside' antenna in my (aluminum) RTT? WeBoost folks say it's not meant to work in that manner and thus will not say yea or yea as the inside antenna is meant to work in a "hard sided/enclosed auto cab".

K9LTW

Rank IV
Investor

Traveler III

Front Royal, VA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

It'll work just fine. Just beware that the small antennas meant to stick on a headrest or something have a really limited range. You pretty much have to be right on top of it, which should be easy enough to do in an RTT. Don't expect to be sitting outside of it and see any signal, however.

K9LTW

Rank IV
Investor

Traveler III

Front Royal, VA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

Sure thing! We use one in our camper and I’ll, likely, swap to the interior RV antenna. It’s fine if I’m just using the phone as a hot spot as I can leave it there. But if using my phone I have to move the antenna around or sit in a particular spot.

Reactions: Mbaker3j

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Ours works great inside a trailer. Should be fine in a tent.
We also use a db gain antenna on our hot spot (ATT) and have awesome upload speed.
But. Down in the river valley for 3 months we had no cell signal. No signal, no boost so decide accordingly. LOL
Zim
IMG-1183.jpg