We are driving around the world. Right now.

• HTML tutorial

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

This is part 2 of our time in Cuenca. It was a difficult time with my mother having just passed away. I had left Brittany and Caspian alone in Ecuador, and so this video is mostly from her perspective. Hope you enjoy. Let me know if you have any questions. Cuenca is an incredible city!

#hourlesslife

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
What wonderful stories guys. We had a major health scare on Christmas eve. I almost died early in the morning from anaphalaxis. It was the scariest thing we have ever gone through as a family. I am relaxing at home, catching up on your videos and just wishing our family was down in some place like equador right now to really turn off the world for a few weeks.

Stay safe and keep the content coming. We always look forward to the next installments.

Take care, every day on your hourless life. Pure magic!

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

What wonderful stories guys. We had a major health scare on Christmas eve. I almost died early in the morning from anaphalaxis. It was the scariest thing we have ever gone through as a family. I am relaxing at home, catching up on your videos and just wishing our family was down in some place like equador right now to really turn off the world for a few weeks.

Stay safe and keep the content coming. We always look forward to the next installments.

Take care, every day on your hourless life. Pure magic!
Oh my goodness Steve! So thankful to hear that you made it through that ordeal. Praying that your doctors were able to properly identify the cause and provide you with guidance to prevent that from occurring again. Glad to hear that you are relaxing at home. We are in the States right now wrapping up our Christmas time with family. On January 5th we fly back down to Lima to pick up DAUNTLESS and start the process of unsuspending the Temporary Import Permit so we can continue our drive south. Hello to the family! ~ Eric

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Oh my goodness Steve! So thankful to hear that you made it through that ordeal. Praying that your doctors were able to properly identify the cause and provide you with guidance to prevent that from occurring again. Glad to hear that you are relaxing at home. We are in the States right now wrapping up our Christmas time with family. On January 5th we fly back down to Lima to pick up DAUNTLESS and start the process of unsuspending the Temporary Import Permit so we can continue our drive south. Hello to the family! ~ Eric
The worst of it was Kelly, Colin and Tyler having to go through it. I c a nt remember most of it. But I think we are through jt now. It's great you guys are home for a bit with family. I know it's been a rough year for you and your family as well. I truly hope our paths will cross in the future where we can meet fsce to face. Enjoy your time with family and safe travels.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

OH, I hope you guys are visiting Machu Pichu. My friend from a town an hr away won a trip with honda Canada to ride the new at the time Varadero bikes to machu for a 2wk trip. trip of a lifetime.

Stay safe you guys!
Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip. Have your friends taken it yet? We haven't made it that far south.

We are still in Lima, Peru. But we're heading in that direction. I'm about to post our next video which is on Peru Highway 8B one of the world's most dangerous roads. Hope you get a chance to check it.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

World’s Most Dangerous Roads: Peru Highway 8B.

In this episode we take you with us on an incredible journey through the Andes mountains. This is a one lane, two way road that soars to 14,000 feet where our tires are inches away from dizzying heights.

We are in Peru and continuing our overlanding journey around the world.

Available for any questions!

Reactions: Kent R

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip. Have your friends taken it yet? We haven't made it that far south.

We are still in Lima, Peru. But we're heading in that direction. I'm about to post our next video which is on Peru Highway 8B one of the world's most dangerous roads. Hope you get a chance to check it.
Yes they went on it already. They won the trip in 2008. I have heard of the 8B previously..Thankfully you made it through without incident. Stay safe.

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
The 8B was one of our favorites, we ended up pirate camping next to a river about an hour past the museum (Leymebamba). Glad you stopped at the museum, across the street there was a little open air cafe that had decent coffee they hand roasted. Not sure if they are still open but they did have a paid camping area but it was closed when we were there. We also saw a female marvelous spatuletail while having our cappuccinos! Thanks for the memories and keep enjoying Peru, we think it's one of (if not the) best for overlanding.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

The 8B was one of our favorites, we ended up pirate camping next to a river about an hour past the museum (Leymebamba). Glad you stopped at the museum, across the street there was a little open air cafe that had decent coffee they hand roasted. Not sure if they are still open but they did have a paid camping area but it was closed when we were there. We also saw a female marvelous spatuletail while having our cappuccinos! Thanks for the memories and keep enjoying Peru, we think it's one of (if not the) best for overlanding.
The coffee shop was closed for us too. Glad you get to relive some of these memories through the videos. It was an incredible experience as you well know. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We're leaving our Jeep Gladiator in Peru.

Such a strange feeling to walk away from your home and leave it in a foreign country. But we had to do it. All covered in this video.

Any questions about the process, please let us know.

#hourlesslife #overlanding

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Why we went home from our global overlanding journey.

This video represents 3 months of our lives. In it we give quite a bit of reflection on our thoughts having returned home to the United States.

As always, hit us with any questions. Happy to be a resource. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Trying to escape our LOCKDOWN in Peru.

These are the types of videos that you'll rarely see content creators produce because they aren't all instagrammy. But this video deals with the realities and challenges of overlanding full-time internationally.

We were locked down by the Peruvian government and uanble to drive our Jeep Gladiator on their streets until they lifted the suspension. This is how we dealt with that issue along with other challenges as we continue our overlanding journal around the world.

As always, here for any questions. Don't be shy to ask. We hope to be a resource for anyone considering this type of journey. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding #peru #southamerica

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT

These are the types of videos that you'll rarely see content creators produce because they aren't all instagrammy. But this video deals with the realities and challenges of overlanding full-time internationally.

We were locked down by the Peruvian government and uanble to drive our Jeep Gladiator on their streets until they lifted the suspension. This is how we dealt with that issue along with other challenges as we continue our overlanding journal around the world.

As always, here for any questions. Don't be shy to ask. We hope to be a resource for anyone considering this type of journey. ~ Eric

So how did that picture come out? with the dust behind the truck. Did she get it?

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

So how did that picture come out? with the dust behind the truck. Did she get it?
Brittany said that her finger was in the photo. She said she was trying to do it fast and not sure how that happened. But that it would have turned out if her finger wasn’t in it. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Want to see what full-time international overlanding is really like? Check this out.

We fly over the world famous Nazca Lines of Peru.

Brittany and Caspian hike a massive sand dune overlooking an incredible desert oasis.

We visit ancient aqueducts that were built around 500AD and are still in use today.

And we share a stunning drive on the southern Peruvian coast in this video.

This section of our drive around the world was pretty spectacular. Hope you enjoy. Here for the questions if you've got 'em. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding #southamerica #peru #nazcalines