We’re starting up a YouTube channel!

• HTML tutorial

Bridger43

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Alamogordo NM
Member #

Hey everyone, my wife has decided to start documenting a lot of our overland travels and I’m trying to help her get a little more attention.

We’re Overland West on YouTube and we do videos on our trips, adventures, gear and the big one...camping/overlanding with a baby. We have a 9 month old daughter Adeline and we wanted to share our adventures and struggles of doing the thing we all love with a baby. We’re fairly new and only have a couple videos up so far, but we will continue to put out more content. If babies aren’t your thing that’s fine, we still will do a lot of videos of gear reviews and overlanding in general.

Please look us up and tell us what you think. Again we are VERY new to YouTube and are still learning. So it may take a little time to perfect some stuff.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Good luck. I would suggest you run the same video format throughout the whole video. So the beginning drive was portrait. Try and keep everything landscape mode. Also most professional YouTube gurus would say 10min videos is the sweet spot. Anything after that people start to fall off unless it's something super interesting. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

Reactions: RainGoat

Bridger43

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Alamogordo NM
Member #

Good luck. I would suggest you run the same video format throughout the whole video. So the beginning drive was portrait. Try and keep everything landscape mode. Also most professional YouTube gurus would say 10min videos is the sweet spot. Anything after that people start to fall off unless it's something super interesting. Can't wait to see what you end up with.
Thanks! My wife was mad at me for filming the drive in like that, kinda messed it up. Ya we know it was just way too long. That was honestly more of just a test video. Thanks for the feedback.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I hear millenials are embracing early childhood. Your YouTube channel will undoubtably become very popular. "Campings" last explosion was the 1960/1970s when us baby boomers were the result of early child bearing. When I graduated, the average age for "motherhood" was 20. 5 years ago it was 33. They predict in 10 years, the average first borns Mom will be back to 20.... and the single child family will be a rarity.

All fabulous news for anyone catering to young families. Best of luck !!

Camping with families was popular because it was the affordable way to travel. I see the $1K tents becoming history. The $30K plus $$$ Expo trailers being a short term experiment. Young families will drive a much more affordable market. Maybe even a GREEN one.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainGoat

Bridger43

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Alamogordo NM
Member #

I hear millenials are embracing early childhood. Your YouTube channel will undoubtably become very popular. "Campings" last explosion was the 1960/1970s when us baby boomers were the result of early child bearing. When I graduated, the average age for "motherhood" was 20. 5 years ago it was 33. They predict in 10 years, the average first borns Mom will be back to 20.... and the single child family will be a rarity.

All fabulous news for anyone catering to young families. Best of luck !!

Camping with families was popular because it was the affordable way to travel. I see the $1K tents becoming history. The $30K plus $$$ Expo trailers being a short term experiment. Young families will drive a much more affordable market. Maybe even a GREEN one.
I’m not quite as into it as my wife, but eating organic, clean, and being environmentally conscious has become very popular with our generation. That will probably be part of our channel as well. As for the younger parents thing I’ll agree with that.

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
Isn’t the only real reason for 10 minute videos is the extra ad? That’s why they all go just go like 10 seconds longer than 10 minutes. Not because it’s the perfect length