Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Sherman Oaks, California, United States
First Name
Devon
Last Name
Bowman
Member #

My wife, 7 year old son and I have been on some camping trips (see pic below) but had to sell our GL so things were on hold for a bit.

It may sound silly, but during New Years we were watching ‘Up’ and ‘Soul’ with our son and realized how much we missed adventuring.. especially in these times. After all... it IS necessary.

In doing a little research on camping and overlanding, I came across Michael’s video: ‘3 reasons why I will never give up my FZJ80’ and reason number 3 struck home with us very deeply and made it clear this was the community for us.

Years ago we had a 94 TLC and for some crazy reason we sold it. Well.. as of yesterday we are proud re-owners (is that a thing?) of a 94 FZJ80 and waiting on delivery of a Condor XL to go on our FrontRunner Slimline and we can’t wait to get out on the trail.

Some specs on our new ‘80:

-Professional LINE-X full exterior color match +two-tone color
Old Man Emu 2.5" Suspension Lift
Whiteknuckle Off Road Sliders
Yokohama Geolander M/T 285/75R16 (33" equivalent) (x5)
Slee Short Bus Bumper

See you all out there!

Attachments

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My wife, 7 year old son and I have been on some camping trips (see pic below) but had to sell our GL so things were on hold for a bit.

It may sound silly, but during New Years we were watching ‘Up’ and ‘Soul’ with our son and realized how much we missed adventuring.. especially in these times. After all... it IS necessary.

In doing a little research on camping and overlanding, I came across Michael’s video: ‘3 reasons why I will never give up my FZJ80’ and reason number 3 struck home with us very deeply and made it clear this was the community for us.

Years ago we had a 94 TLC and for some crazy reason we sold it. Well.. as of yesterday we are proud re-owners (is that a thing?) of a 94 FZJ80 and waiting on delivery of a Condor XL to go on our FrontRunner Slimline and we can’t wait to get out on the trail.

Some specs on our new ‘80:

-Professional LINE-X full exterior color match +two-tone color
Old Man Emu 2.5" Suspension Lift
Whiteknuckle Off Road Sliders
Yokohama Geolander M/T 285/75R16 (33" equivalent) (x5)
Slee Short Bus Bumper

See you all out there!
Welcome to Overland Bound
The rig looks awesome!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course