Launch Member

Contributor III

Waycross, GA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Maxwell
Member #

Does anyone know if there are any meet-ups in or around SE Georgia? I'm a little rusty on my overland skills. I used to overland before I knew what it was. About 23 years ago when I was in the navy stationed in San Diego I would go do what my friends and I called camping and off roading. We would stay all weekend camping, cooking, mountain biking, and off roading our rigs. I had a 1992 YJ and I remember back then wanting to make my YJ a rig I could basically live out of. I wish I'd known about the Rubicon trail back then. I still have my trusty YJ. Now I try to take my kids camping when we can in my 2015 JKUR my wife would like to take her 2020 JLU when we can find somewhere worth traveling to yet close enough that we can do it in a weekend. Anyway thats my story. He's my Jeeps

Attachments

Army446909

Rank I

Contributor III

Savannah, GA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Cormier
Does anyone know if there are any meet-ups in or around SE Georgia? I'm a little rusty on my overland skills. I used to overland before I knew what it was. About 23 years ago when I was in the navy stationed in San Diego I would go do what my friends and I called camping and off roading. We would stay all weekend camping, cooking, mountain biking, and off roading our rigs. I had a 1992 YJ and I remember back then wanting to make my YJ a rig I could basically live out of. I wish I'd known about the Rubicon trail back then. I still have my trusty YJ. Now I try to take my kids camping when we can in my 2015 JKUR my wife would like to take her 2020 JLU when we can find somewhere worth traveling to yet close enough that we can do it in a weekend. Anyway thats my story. He's my Jeeps
I’m in Chatham County. If you find anything out let me know. I’m just now starting to research this whole overlanding thing lol. Cheers

Chicken Helmet

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jacksonville, Fl.
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Haning
Member #

Can’t answer for your area but i’m in Jacksonville so not too far. Theres Osceola National Forest to the West of me and Ocala National Forest to the SW. I’m hoping to try a few of these in the next couple of months.