Water Systems

• HTML tutorial

RichardS

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charleston, SC
Member #

What are people doing for water on board their rigs?

I have a 4Runner with a rear bumper that holds a couple of jerry cans. So far it's been okay. I had a fellow adventurer make me a little electric faucet using a submersible pump. It's genius, but has its flaws. I haven't rewired my rig to have full time 12v power in the rear, so I've got to have the key in the ignition to use it.

I was looking at a Front Runner tank to put behind the rear seats. It would require a pump and isn't baffled.
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/front-runner-slanted-water-tank.html

Anyone have experience with custom water tanks? Price of Front Runner is $160ish.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

For washing stuff off I use a 3 gallon pump sprayer and a separate 7 gallon cube for bulk. Drinking water comes from gallon jugs. So far I haven't used every drop but I've been close.

Eventually I plan on running some 3 inch pvc pipe under the trailer and using my air compressor on a valve stem for pressure. Each 10 ft stick of 3 inch is good for just over 6 gallons and it keeps the weight low and out of the way.

Reactions: RichardS

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

The pump in a Sceptre can is pretty neat. I used to carry a 5G Jerry can for water in the cargo area and use the spout attachment to fill bottles. Other times, I kept the Jerry can in the footwell and used the spout to fill a 1L bottle. Now, I have a 5G FrontRunner can with the upgraded brass spigot. The stock plastic spigot is crap. Almost impossible to open/close to the point where it popped out one time, dumping almost all of the water. Usually I fill a one gallon jug at the end of the day and drop it into the ARB to cool over night. From that I'll fill my water bottle from the 1G jug during the day.