Water filtration options for Rotopax Water Packs?

• HTML tutorial

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREY362
I'm curious if there are any accessories that directly attach to the Rotopax Water Packs to filter water?

I've searched online, in the forums, and am not finding much. I have found this interesting Spout Kit, but I'm interested in filling one with a wild water source and filter it as it comes out.

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

I'm curious if there are any accessories that directly attach to the Rotopax Water Packs to filter water?

I've searched online, in the forums, and am not finding much. I have found this interesting Spout Kit, but I'm interested in filling one with a wild water source and filter it as it comes out.
I don't think there is a specific product that exists, but you should be able to rig an inline filter system, like many gravity bags.

Reactions: outside.perception

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR

These attach to nalgene bottles and their dromedary bags. Sure you could rig something up.

Reactions: outside.perception

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

These attach to nalgene bottles and their dromedary bags. Sure you could rig something up.
Yes, I like this option. I may be able to rig up something that will screw onto the rotopax spout so its just set it and forget it till its done.

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I wonder of those water purification tablets work? This way you keep your Rotopax container.
I do keep those around as backup, just in case other options aren't available. But at least in the past, I didn't like the taste and I prefer to be able to filter out particulates as well.

I have used a backpacking MSR filter in the past for hiking. It's just a slow option for 2 gallons.