Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Has anyone registered a trailer in Washington State? Specifically something home built, or without a VIN?

I have this CVT Trailer, and since Oregon doesn't require little trailers to be registered, it doesn't have VIN (or a title).

I'm trying to figure out what all I need to do to get this done and be legal, but there doesn't seem to be any way of actually talking to someone in that part of the State Patrol. I just get forwarded to a phone number that tells me to go to a website, that tells me to go back to the same phone number. It's a pretty stupid system.

Any help with this would be amazingly appreciated!

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Not sure if this is all you need but I know you'll need the inspection for it to get registered, etc. Might be worth a call to see what else if anything would be necessary.
Thanks for the link.

I've been trying to find a way to talk to a person, but it's been a daunting task. I keep getting sent to a recorded message sending me to a website that has the number to call that gives me the same recorded message.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

In the end, CVT provided me with all the paperwork required to get the tags. Once I had that in hand, I walked in with the paperwork, paid the taxes and registration fees, and walked out with the paper registration and plates. I now have the title in hand. No inspections required.

Reactions: skootter14

bunger

Local Expert New England, USA
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southington CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

In CT it was all but impossible to register my modified utility trailer which came from PA. The trailer spent it's life on a farm, was never registered, had no VIN and was from out of state. Even though I heavily modified it from stock, CT wouldn't even allow me to claim it as homemade.
Even if CT had allowed me to register, it would have cost hundreds of dollars to do so.
So I registered it in Maine and paid $60 for a (5) year trailer registration.