Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

I would assume, every state and countries have some outstanding travel loops.
Be it a few hours or day drives with the family. 2, 3 or more overnighters.
Either way, we're out exploring - right? Get off the highways as often or as much as you can.
Washington State has some fantastic loops - big and small, with mountains, prairies, rivers and lakes and of course the Puget Sound.

I am planning a small island loop, not for Rally Points yet. Anyone that lives in Washington, most likely knows about our scenic route.

This one will be the Whidbey island route.
Mukilteo/Clinton ferry, head north (check out Fort Casey) and many other scenic spots. And then we drive off the island at Deception Pass, head over to Mount Vernon, and head south to home.
Checking points of interest, GPS coordinates, etc., for a possible future run.
IMG_20180124_102202.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

pacificnorthtaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Casey has a fun, little campground right next to the ferry terminal for the Port Townsend ferry. It sounds intrusive, but there was something soothing about a massive ferry silently pulling in at night right in front of us while we sat at the campfire!

Reactions: Voodoo 1 and GHQ1

Voodoo 1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

Fort Casey has a fun, little campground right next to the ferry terminal for the Port Townsend ferry. It sounds intrusive, but there was something soothing about a massive ferry silently pulling in at night right in front of us while we sat at the campfire!
That actually sounds nice. I have never (I hate saying never) especially when its a place basically in my backyard. I'll have to check that out.

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

I've done this drive before, and it makes for a great day. Stopping at deception pass is a must, and there is actually a cool short (hiking) trail there called Goose rock. its the highest point on Whidbey.
There's also a cool road to the top of Mt. Erie (Fidalgo Island) that offers great views of the San Juans... on a clear day