Launch Member

Contributor III

Marietta Georgia
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Kidd
Hello,

My name is Jeff Kidd, and I will be up in Wartburg TN the day after Thanksgiving (Nov 23-25) for a bit of exploration and camping. I have visited the area before, and I would say that the trails are fairly easy with a few spots that are a bit more challenging. I am curious to see if anyone would like to tag along; I would suggest your vehicle be slightly modified as a stock vehicle would struggle in places.

pikappk10

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Snellville, GA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Daniels
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn4gsx
Hello,

My name is Jeff Kidd, and I will be up in Wartburg TN the day after Thanksgiving (Nov 23-25) for a bit of exploration and camping. I have visited the area before, and I would say that the trails are fairly easy with a few spots that are a bit more challenging. I am curious to see if anyone would like to tag along; I would suggest your vehicle be slightly modified as a stock vehicle would struggle in places.
Where are you leaving from?

Jeff Kidd

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Marietta Georgia
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Kidd
I will be leaving from Marietta GA around 8 AM ( I am happy to meet up and convoy if you would like). And there is a good spot to meet up either right by the trail head (I can provide GPS coordinates) or in town, which is 10 minutes away from the trail.

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hello,

Hey Jeff. I'm in Rocky Top, TN just north of Knoxville. I may be able to join up. I have been through the tunnel, but have never really explored anywhere else around there. I'm in the process of modifying my JK. I am running 33s, but do not yet have a lift or a winch. I'm not familiar with any of the trails aside from the tunnel. If I'm able, I'd love to meet up and ride what trails I can and would definitely be interested in camping. I'll follow this post and will join if possible.

Jeff Kidd

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Marietta Georgia
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Kidd
Hey Jeff. I'm in Rocky Top, TN just north of Knoxville. I may be able to join up. I have been through the tunnel, but have never really explored anywhere else around there. I'm in the process of modifying my JK. I am running 33s, but do not yet have a lift or a winch. I'm not familiar with any of the trails aside from the tunnel. If I'm able, I'd love to meet up and ride what trails I can and would definitely be interested in camping. I'll follow this post and will join if possible.

Sounds good, I am in a 3rd gen Tacoma with a 3 inch lift and 33 inch tires, and I didn't run into any issues so far (but i have recovery gear just in case... no winch yet). Your rig should be fine if you would like to join; I do know that cell service is limited back there, but feel free to call this week or next week to coordinate a place to meet up. 404.272.2231

pikappk10

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Snellville, GA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Daniels
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn4gsx
I will be leaving from Marietta GA around 8 AM ( I am happy to meet up and convoy if you would like). And there is a good spot to meet up either right by the trail head (I can provide GPS coordinates) or in town, which is 10 minutes away from the trail.
I'll be in Nashville on Friday, and was planning on hitting a few trails and camping overnight on my way back to GA.

pikappk10

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Snellville, GA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Daniels
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn4gsx
Let me know if you plan on being around where I will be; maybe we can wheel a bit if everything works out.
I was planning on either nemos tunnel area or diving a bit of the trans American trail. I hope to finish up in Nashville around 3 on Friday. What is your schedule for the weekend?

Jeff Kidd

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Marietta Georgia
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Kidd
I was planning on either nemos tunnel area or diving a bit of the trans American trail. I hope to finish up in Nashville around 3 on Friday. What is your schedule for the weekend?
I am going to be in the Nemo area Friday around noon, but I am open to other options. I haven't done any of the trans american trail yet; what is it like?