WARN VR-Series Winches

• HTML tutorial

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Last fall WARN came out with its new VR series of entry level/standard duty winches. They include a 8k, 10k and 12k models and are available with and without synthetic line.

VR10-S.jpg
The best part about these new winches is the elimination of solenoids in the control pack. The have gone to an Albright, waterproof contactor in the control box to increase reliability and backed it with a new 7 year electrical warranty. Gotta love trickle-down technology from the ZEON line.

I run the WARN Zeon 10 on my JKU and have nothing bad to say about it after 2 years. The best part of owning a warn is knowing it will work when you need it to.

Warn is even offering up to $200 rebates on the entire line right now so if you have been holding out for a deal... nows the time.

When buying a winch for your overland rig you need to know the fully loaded weight of the vehicle(and trailer) and buy a winch with at least 1.5x the capacity. EX: 5000lb rig x 1.5 = 7500lb winch(minimum)

Reactions: Desert Runner

JWOOD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Wood
Member #

I recently put a VR-8 on my JK. Haven't had the chance to use it yet. I've been a long time warn user/owner so I'm a bit loyal to the brand.

Reactions: Anchor Mtn