• HTML tutorial

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

The start of my overland rig. She's an 01 limited grand cherokee with a 4.7l v8 and quaddrive. Has a few tasteful mods so far. Lift to come begging of next year. (the first few posts of my build thread are copy/pasted from another forum cause im lazy lol)

hey guys finally got enough pics to start up a build thread (name may change lol)
anyways pretty much stock right now 2001 wj limited quadra drive v8
sitting on a 2" budget boost from rough country with 245/65/17 toyo at2s
has stock overland sliders as well as gauge cluster

right after the budget boost install

first thing first heres my diff skid from mountain vista fab

another shot

heres my bumper in the raw (currently being bedlined)

side shot

looking down

next up is my toolbox for the back of the jeep

Last edited:

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

next my first two official runs with the silver beast

first one was defense mine in panamint valley down in southern California

the crew for the day

my best friend guiding me around a couple boulders

flexes pretty decently for being stock

posing at the top (lil pic is me)

dude in the pic is 6'3" (NOT ME lol) and the girl is my lil sister (they aren't dating either lol)

my buddy hung up rather well at fall zero

second run was to Sherman pass in the sequoia national forest down In southern california

only three of us on this run since It was extremely last minute

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

heres a few more misc things ive done to the silver beast

cb (only temporary, will be putting it in the center console once I have some free time)

antenna

borla xr-1 muffler love the sound of this thing, its nowhere near as loud as my 1500 hemi was tho.

my tool and accessory storage

and after a week in the paint booth the bumper is finally done.

side view

pretty decent approach angle, nowhere near as good as gregs amazing incline bumper but that's too rich for my blood lol

And got my official cal 4wd member sticker :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ASNOBODY and Kelly

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Prepped the jeep finally for the quarter panel armor. Layed down 3 coats of duplicolot bedarmor on each side to prevent any chance of rusting out my quarter panels

Reactions: Kelly

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Got one side done, ended up messing up one nutsert so had to go buy a couple more to get the other side done tomorrow. Also adding two jl audio 10s and an amp tomorrow.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Heres what i got so far, got a nice surprise when i pulled the radio out to plug the audio cables in (a rats nest of cut and stripped wires just chillin). So i taped those all up and tucked em out of the way. Thinking about mounting the amp either to the side where the factory 6 disc changer set up was. We shall see

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Got a lil break from the new little one to mess around with the jeep some more. Finally relocated my cb into the center console

Made a lil box for my amp since its too damn big to fit any other place and 99% of the time the only person that will sit in my back seat is my 3 year old.

Reactions: ASNOBODY and Kelly

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Well picked up my rear bumper yesterday, started getting it welded up. Flatlands definetly needs to rethink their designs. We are having to do quite a few tweeks. But here's an in progress and mocked up. Should be fully welded up by Wednesday then coated and installed by end of the weekend.

Reactions: ASNOBODY

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Not to mention these gaps on either side are kinda off putting. May work with my welder to see if he can cut some plate to cover up the gap here so it looks better.

Reactions: ASNOBODY

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Got some led caged projector style pods for my fog lights. They have 3 modes, hi beam long throw, low beam with some spread and then 3 pulse flash. Modes are switched by turning them off and on again till you get the desired mode. I paid 25 bucks a piece for em.

Hi beam

Low beam

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Very nice! Seems like a TON of WJ's on here lately. Check out @roamingtimber and @WJ_David I know there are more guys with WJ builds going on, those are just the 2 that come to mind right now.

Also @timberwolf_120 those DBM quarter guards, do you think the rub bar is strong enough to support a 200lb guy standing on it? I am looking at a solution to accessing my roof rack, I am working on a ladder but these look awesome and may serve the purpose well.

Thanks,
Jordan.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Yea I've been checking lots of the wj builds. It's funny I never knew or even saw any heavily model wjs up until like 6-7 months ago.

I believe they will hold 200lbs, I mean I weigh 190 and they seem to hold me pretty well. They are held in place with like 12 nutserts and button head screws. Made of 10ga steel and .120 wall Dom tubing. Dbmetalworx.com he's a great dude. He's making sliders, quarter panel armor, wj fender light brackets, and even looking into making the rotopax window replacement setup like the jks have. If he doesn't make it hell definetly do his best to make it. Hard to find that in a small company nowadays and still hold the quality that we actual offroaders/over landers are after.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I emailed him about it too. They look awesome!! I am highly considering it.

I think my WJ would look great with a set, same as yours!

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I recommend em highly. Best ones on the market in my opinion. And the fit is excellent.
And I agree they would look very good on your jeep!

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Few lil updates of small things I've done.
First is my led headlights.
Lights off (I know not very dark but it's best I can do at the moment)

And lights on

And next is interior lighting swapped to leds

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Added a few recent pics.
Armor stage is done for the most part. Want to upgrade sliders before I go to rubicon but not a huge issue if I dont, the stock ones work pretty well just have to be more careful.
Now just to wait for tax season lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
HAA!!! Love the ONE WAY Sign in this pic. After I saw the LED interior conversions on WJJEEPS.com, I had to do it to both of ours (my wife has a 1999 Larado). Looks like the brake handle is up in the one pic... Does that thing work!?!? Not working in either of ours, but I haven't pulled the drum/disk to check the wear.

Awesome Stuff!!!

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Haha didn't even notice it lol

And yea it works rather well on mine. Kinda just a habit too lol.

Led interior swap was definetly worth it. Had blue leds in my ram and I loved it but wanted to go a different route with this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk