Enthusiast III

Fergus, Wellington County, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Good evening,

I'm trying to find about 10 or 12 footman loops from the 1950's to 2006 Era Jeep Warnglers. These are the parts used for holding the door straps and they are also used on the rear deck of the tub for tie downs.

I'm looking to use then on my bicycle trailer that I've been building. I have been building the trailer from mostly upcycled parts and I'd like to keep that theme.

The frame is built out of an old Arcteryx VR Display, the floor is scrap plywood from a previous projects and the cargo tie downs will be made from my old climbing gear. Bas islly I need footman loops for those tow downs and after some thought, I remembered they are a stock part on Jeep Wranglers for the past 60 years.

I've attached a photo of what I'm looking to find. If you have any kicking around that you don't need, let me know! Thanks!

P.S. I know this isn't typical Overland Bound vehicle related, but I use my bicycles and this trailer on many trips that I still consider Overland. For me, overlanding is on anything with wheels, be that one, two or four!

Attachments

Kennr

Rank I

Contributor II

Santa Ana, CA 92704, USA
First Name
Kenn
Last Name
Ramas
Good evening,

I'm trying to find about 10 or 12 footman loops from the 1950's to 2006 Era Jeep Warnglers. These are the parts used for holding the door straps and they are also used on the rear deck of the tub for tie downs.

I'm looking to use then on my bicycle trailer that I've been building. I have been building the trailer from mostly upcycled parts and I'd like to keep that theme.

The frame is built out of an old Arcteryx VR Display, the floor is scrap plywood from a previous projects and the cargo tie downs will be made from my old climbing gear. Bas islly I need footman loops for those tow downs and after some thought, I remembered they are a stock part on Jeep Wranglers for the past 60 years.

I've attached a photo of what I'm looking to find. If you have any kicking around that you don't need, let me know! Thanks!

P.S. I know this isn't typical Overland Bound vehicle related, but I use my bicycles and this trailer on many trips that I still consider Overland. For me, overlanding is on anything with wheels, be that one, two or four!
Is this what you’re looking for?

Attachments

Intrepid Photographer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fergus, Wellington County, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Good evening,

Is this what you’re looking for?

Yes that is exactly what I need but I wanted to try finding old parts I could reuse, so I could upcycle instead of buying new. Thanks for the link. I'll keep it in mind if I cannot find what I need second hand. Cheers!