WANT vs NEED

• HTML tutorial

ILLFOZZ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego
Member #

I'm a believer in having something and not needing it versus needing it and not having it. (Pick one or more of the following)

What is 1 camping item that you've:

1) Needed and wished you had
2) Had and never needed
3) Needed and actually had on hand

Reactions: Chadlyb

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I'm a believer in having something and not needing it versus needing it and not having it. (Pick one or more of the following)

What is 1 camping item that you've:

1) Needed and wished you had
2) Had and never needed
3) Needed and actually had on hand
First trip out this summer. Colorado has had a really bad fire season. Not as bad a cali. But most of the state was under fire ban. Well was in a hurry so loaded up got a mile out to our spot and realized the area had a fire ban and didnt bring a stove.. ended up eating cold chef boyarde the first night. Walmart stop that next morning..

Had enough beer never needed a beer run on that trip!

A ratchet wrench.. but not just any ol wrench haha

Forgot a hammer as well so ended up using a ratchet to drive tent stakes in..

I put two hammers in the bed box so thatll never happen again.

Reactions: ILLFOZZ

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

I've forgotten the hammer as well. :expressionless: Thankfully I had my Gerber LMF ii in my fire kit that has a flat point in the pommel to hammer stakes in.

I've also forgotten a pillow. I know it doesn't seem like much but I can tell you trying to use a few t-shirts in a bag is not as comfortable as you might want.

I used to carry a Goal Zero Guide 10 every trip and never used it. Of course when we planning a trip where I could have used it I couldn't find it to pack it.

On one of my trips in Maryland my Niece swatted a hornet out of the air and got stung on her hand. And of course I had my giant First Aid/Trauma kit in the Xterra with some Sting Relief wipes.