Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey folks.

My brother-in-law said I should organize a Walker Valley ORV day (monthly? Weekly? One-off?) with OB NorthWest. Who would be interested? Is it worth it?

(Photo for attention) IMG_20190703_170127.jpeg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

I'd go for the BBQ and seein' stuff. Not up fr much that's too challenging.

-jim lee

I sort of agree! But I feel like our region is not very active (at least the Western Washington part), so anything is good for connecting the members here. Will you be at the Burlington meet up on Friday (2nd)?

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

I'm going to try to be there. Hopefully I won't forget. And also hopefully the truck will be running. Its been pretty good lately (Fingers crossed)

-jim lee

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

wordofbabb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Snohomish, WA, USA
Member #

We were invited to go with some friends of my wife, but unsure about wanting to take the Taco through an ORV park and crawl through stuff. Might have the wrong impression of what is out there. I only read the website on it. I do want to make a WABDR run before season close out.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

We were invited to go with some friends of my wife, but unsure about wanting to take the Taco through an ORV park and crawl through stuff. Might have the wrong impression of what is out there. I only read the website on it. I do want to make a WABDR run before season close out.
I understand your concern. I did some body damage to my RR (01) last time. I totally want to do a WABDR trip, but my rig is not ready for that kind of trip yet. Maybe next year.

wordofbabb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Snohomish, WA, USA
Member #

One thing I wasn't clear on is that can we camp out there too? I kind of know the concept of an OHV park as a place to do some crawling and off roading with all sorts of stuff. I thought you had to camp in a parking lot. This my understanding from watching some YouTube videos of people at them across the country and talking to a few people. Pretty limited in my knowledge and never really dug into it much.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

One thing I wasn't clear on is that can we camp out there too? I kind of know the concept of an OHV park as a place to do some crawling and off roading with all sorts of stuff. I thought you had to camp in a parking lot. This my understanding from watching some YouTube videos of people at them across the country and talking to a few people. Pretty limited in my knowledge and never really dug into it much.
I don't know of any camping at Walker Valley. Definitely not inside the gate.