Wahiba Sands, Oman - 16-19th Feb

• HTML tutorial

stuart.404

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Naperville, Illinois
Member #

Hey guys, I'm joining a long weekend trip that is being organised over on the Dubai Offroaders forum. It's a 3-5 day trip that will aim to cross the Wahiba Sands in the East of Oman.

Apart from the incredible overlanding experience, it's a good opportunity to promote the OB community and founding principles, and of course meet some new people.

If you are interested in joining the trip, you'll need to sign up here;
http://www.dubaioffroaders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3432

Just to be completely clear, I'm not the organiser of this trip. I just see this as a good opportunity to attract more likeminded folks to the OB community.

stuart.404

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Naperville, Illinois
Member #

Hi guys, I'm back from this 2000km weekend on the far coast of Oman. There were 10 cars including OB member @Dennis1980. We crossed the Wahiba Desert, the sticky, muddy salt flats of the Bar Al Hikman nature reserve and the stunning white sands of the Sugar Dunes.

I'm pretty sure we are the only cars in Dubai that are covered in mud and seaweed :fearscream:

For me this was the longest I've been self-sufficient in the car. I camped for three nights with all meals, water etc onboard. More impressive is that Dennis managed to do it with a family of 5!!!

I know this post is useless without pictures but I haven't had the time to unpack yet, let alone sort through the pictures and videos. Coming soon...

BenH

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Glengarriff, Cork, Ireland
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Heydenrych
Member #

That looked awesome [emoji41].... we need to arrange a Sweihan trip in the next couple of weeks.... Stuart didn't you mentioned that you have been in that area before