Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Always a good trip, wish we did not already have other plans or we would be all over this one

Reactions: Ubiety

A.Desert.Creature

Rank IV

Member III

University Place, Washington, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Padgett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7EEP
Also: excited for this trip. I just got back from a 4 day on the Idaho BDR and I have to be in Reno W-F so timing is tight. I’ll do my best to get everything staged tomorrow so I can load up Saturday morning and head out.

If anything changes I’ll let you know.

Reactions: OTH Overland

A.Desert.Creature

Rank IV

Member III

First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Padgett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7EEP
Hi Stranger...
How you doin sweet thang? ;)

Would love to do this run - great memories from last summer! Got too much going on in July and it ends with a 10 days on the IBDR bang! We GOTTA do Montana! Later this summer?
We haven’t met yet but I’ll throw in for Montana!

Reactions: Ubiety

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
No problem, we can figure that out Saturday. Great to have you join the trip!
Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Will we be passing by any fuel stations along the way? 300 miles is near the limit of what I can do depending on how much up/down and slow obstacles there are.
Yes, fuel range is not a problem. What nav are you using. I have a GPX file for it.

A.Desert.Creature

Rank IV

Member III

First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Padgett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7EEP
No problem, we can figure that out Saturday. Great to have you join the trip!
Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Will we be passing by any fuel stations along the way? 300 miles is near the limit of what I can do depending on how much up/down and slow obstacles there are.
Yes, fuel range is not a problem. What nav are you using. I have a GPX file for it.
I use a Garmin mounted to the dash.

I have OnX but haven’t spent the time to learn how to use it over CarPlay. The few times I’ve tried I gave up frustrated.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Is anyone bringing their families/wives/significant others? Talking the gf into coming and it’ll sweeten the deal if it’s not just a bunch of dudes
I adventure with Scott and a couple of others frequently and my Wife is always along and often the only woman, but its always laid back and comfortable. We wish we did not have a different event scheduled for Saturday or we would be all over this one, its a route we travel often and one of my favorites. Chopka lake is beautiful and has super clean outhouses which can often be a bonus to encourage the better halfs:)

Reactions: A.Desert.Creature

A.Desert.Creature

Rank IV

Member III

First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Padgett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7EEP
I adventure with Scott and a couple of others frequently and my Wife is always along and often the only woman, but its always laid back and comfortable. We wish we did not have a different event scheduled for Saturday or we would be all over this one, its a route we travel often and one of my favorites. Chopka lake is beautiful and has super clean outhouses which can often be a bonus to encourage the better halfs:)
Hahaha. Thanks for the additional info Dave, I'll pass it along. :tonguewink:

Jeepncj7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I don't frequent OB as much these days, but got a notification about this event due to my proximity. I would be down to join one of the legs of the WABDR (been eyeing 3-4) at one point. How frequently do folks put these together here?

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I don't frequent OB as much these days, but got a notification about this event due to my proximity. I would be down to join one of the legs of the WABDR (been eyeing 3-4) at one point. How frequently do folks put these together here?
The automatic invites via email are relatively new, and go out to a predetermined number of members based on radius around the event being posted, so those notifications can be hit or miss depending on where the event is located and how dense the number of members is in the given area. To your point, The WABDR is a fairly popular route in the summer and there is typically several people posting different trips, Scott, @Hogman who is hosting this one and I both do the north end 4-6 sections at least a couple of times a summer, I have to miss this one due to other obligations unfortunately. Always a great trip though. I will be posting a trip for the south sections 1-3 later in July, and then another north end one likely in august. Checking in on the Rally Point or Calendar tabs once a week or so is a good way to catch most of what's coming up.

Jeepncj7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

That is great to hear. I'll keep tabs on here for anything new coming up! Thank you!

The automatic invites via email are relatively new, and go out to a predetermined number of members based on radius around the event being posted, so those notifications can be hit or miss depending on where the event is located and how dense the number of members is in the given area. To your point, The WABDR is a fairly popular route in the summer and there is typically several people posting different trips, Scott, @Hogman who is hosting this one and I both do the north end 4-6 sections at least a couple of times a summer, I have to miss this one due to other obligations unfortunately. Always a great trip though. I will be posting a trip for the south sections 1-3 later in July, and then another north end one likely in august. Checking in on the Rally Point or Calendar tabs once a week or so is a good way to catch most of what's coming up.