Launch Member

Contributor III

Ammon, ID, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Roemer
Member #

I know this is being posted a little early, but I really like to work on logistics.
I may not be living in WA much into the summer and I’ve got some time (a couple weeks off work) late spring/early summer.
So, based on people that have made this run at various times of the year, when is the earliest you’d want to do any of the sections? And which sections are better at which times of late spring/early summer?

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

And how badly do the roads get messed up in the winter? How long does it take for them to be made passible again. Or would you be part of the repair process?

-jim lee

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

Making a run at sections 4-5 in early June (and maybe section 6)

We cruised up a portion of section 5 last Saturday, just shy of Cooper Mountain. No blockage or issues, but we only went a couple miles in. We were just looking for a camp spot for the weekend near Chelan... ended up camping near Antilon Lake though
Saw a ton of wildlife; deer, bighorn sheep, coons, fox, falcons.. gotta love the exposed landscape in this area

Has anyone done any recon on any of these sections yet? (4, 5 or 6)

antilon.jpg
antilon2.jpg

Reactions: Daleconn

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Making a run at sections 4-5 in early June (and maybe section 6)

We cruised up a portion of section 5 last Saturday, just shy of Cooper Mountain. No blockage or issues, but we only went a couple miles in. We were just looking for a camp spot for the weekend near Chelan... ended up camping near Antilon Lake though
Saw a ton of wildlife; deer, bighorn sheep, coons, fox, falcons.. gotta love the exposed landscape in this area

Has anyone done any recon on any of these sections yet? (4, 5 or 6)

View attachment 96023
View attachment 96024
I am planning to do a section the WABR after the NWOR in Plain, WA. Section North from Cashmere, WA. Let me know if you would like to run the North sections with me. Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello OB Members,
Anyone interested in running the North section of WABDR, starting in Cashmere WA. and heading North, after NWOR in Plain, WA.? This is Not A OB Sponsored trip! Just a shout out to any willing to join me on a beautiful adventure, after the Rally. Plans completely open as how far to go each day and how long doing the trip. I’m thinking a Two day time frame, Overlanding. Even if you just want to do a smaller section and not the whole North route to Canada. I still have not decided if I will take my full size or not? Let’s visit and come up with a plan? Vance.

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

I am planning to do a section the WABR after the NWOR in Plain, WA. Section North from Cashmere, WA. Let me know if you would like to run the North sections with me. Vance.
That would be fun, especially after possibly driving away with new gear from the rally :sunglasses:
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be making the rally this year. My girl and I were planning on hitting section 5 the week before (June 13ish) .. because we're getting married in Chelan that week!

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

That would be fun, especially after possibly driving away with new gear from the rally :sunglasses:
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be making the rally this year. My girl and I were planning on hitting section 5 the week before (June 13ish) .. because we're getting married in Chelan that week!
Meek,
Congratulations, on your up coming marriage! Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

wordofbabb,
I would be up to doing the same sections, maybe going to the Canadian border, so let me know if you want some company? Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

With some notice of dates we could do an Official meet up. I’m sure we would get some others wanting to go. Any interest anyone? Vance.