Launch Member

Member I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Lukas
Last Name
Chludzinski
Member #

Hey all, I’m running a stock Tacoma and pondering doing the BDR this summer, does anyone have any experience with the route. Am I stupid for attempting in a stock vehicle, any info would be great.

~Lukas~

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Check out the WABDR rallypoint trip coming up in June. I have not done it yet but there will be a stock Suburban and my stock JK on that trip and they are supposed to be just fine. I have been sick at home watching WABDR vids all weekend and stock vehicle with 4x4 looks fine; there are some rough sections but nothing too bad.

Lukas_Chlu

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Lukas
Last Name
Chludzinski
Member #

Check out the WABDR rallypoint trip coming up in June. I have not done it yet but there will be a stock Suburban and my stock JK on that trip and they are supposed to be just fine. I have been sick at home watching WABDR vids all weekend and stock vehicle with 4x4 looks fine; there are some rough sections but nothing too bad.
Thanks I’ll check that out.

Haust

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
D
Last Name
W
Member #

I drove the top half a few years ago, right after the fires. I was in a stock JK Sport and did just fine. It’s a nice trail with some semi-technical sections that are fun.

As with everywhere, watch for cattle.

Reactions: M Rose

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

On the further north sections be prepared for some pnw pinstriping other than that it’s a fairly easy trail ..... unless winter has done some road damage then finding a bypass may be the best option . Some washouts don’t look to bad or even wet untill you pull into it and your tires disappear lol .

Reactions: M Rose

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I did Sections 2 & 3 repeatedly last summer. The only area of concern that I would note was the Beehive Washouts kind of mid section 3. We were there at dusk on a semi-muddy September day so I imagine it is better when dry. I have some vids on YouTube (RainGoat Pathfinder) but the quality is marginal at best. Note - that day we were running North to South.

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I did Sections 2 & 3 repeatedly last summer. The only area of concern that I would note was the Beehive Washouts kind of mid section 3. We were there at dusk on a semi-muddy September day so I imagine it is better when dry. I have some vids on YouTube (RainGoat Pathfinder) but the quality is marginal at best. Note - that day we were running North to South.
Thanks! Adding to the playlist!