VT, NH, ME Appalachian Byway--Has Anyone Made this Run?

• HTML tutorial

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Last October, we had a small group and did the NC, TN, and VA portion of the Appalachian Byway and had a blast. This year, we're planning to do the VT, NH, ME portion of the route in mid-October.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this route and what your thoughts are on it. It looks like VT is the more technical section which is great, and then NH and ME are mostly very scenic, which is also great.

Any feeback, tips, advice on the route or side excursions would be appreciated! We're packing along some fishing gear, too!

We'll have 4 to 6 vehicles, all lifted Jeeps so far, with a minimum of 33" tires. (2 JKU's, 1 Gladiator, 1 JKUR, 1 JLUR), but while we love and welcome technical trails and challenges, we love scenic easy trails and roads, too!

Also, 1 more quick question. Is there any leaf color still left by mid October up there?

Thanks!

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Depends on the year (Western Maine). Usually Mid October is late peak color especially as you head towards Katahdin.

Reactions: Rebel Outdoors

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Depends on the year (Western Maine). Usually Mid October is late peak color especially as you head towards Katahdin.
We'll be in VT, NH, and Western Maine most of the time and end up in central Maine, so that sounds better than what I was expecting! Thanks! Super excited about going up there!

Reactions: wigsajumper