Volvo xc70

• HTML tutorial

John seabee74

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone, I was hoping to get some input on a 2004 Volvo xc70. I'm thinking of getting one and curious if it's big guy friendly? I'm asking because the car is a good distance out and would like to know before I make the trip.thanks

RunningPirate

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Belmont, CA
Member #

Hi John-

I own a 2004 XC70. I’ll have to ask you to define “Big”for me. I’m 5’10” 270 lbs (fat and muscle, TBH) and I found it to be very comfortable.

One thing if you plan on going off-road with it, I understand that the AWD system, while fine for snow, leav s something to be desired off-road (compare to the Outback, say). Wheels only turn whe the opposite wheel slips, not all the time. But I will say, it’s a comfortable, well built car...

John seabee74

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi John-

I own a 2004 XC70. I’ll have to ask you to define “Big”for me. I’m 5’10” 270 lbs (fat and muscle, TBH) and I found it to be very comfortable.

One thing if you plan on going off-road with it, I understand that the AWD system, while fine for snow, leav s something to be desired off-road (compare to the Outback, say). Wheels only turn whe the opposite wheel slips, not all the time. But I will say, it’s a comfortable, well built car...
I appreciate your reply. I'm 6'1" and 350 for the time being( yes I let myself slip into a stress related eating frenzy due to a bad marriage and divorce) ... I wouldn't be doing much off road but knowing that I could is a plus. I like how the xc70 looks when you beef it up for more off road capability.