Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I got one last month and used it on my most recent trip. Only grilled one night. For me the verdict is still out. I had a hard time getting it hot enough to sear my Ahi Tuna Steak.

I had a number of factors working against me. Strong wind, 9600' elevation, and I choose a boutique "charcoal" that was made of compressed hardwood. I'll buy Kingsford next time. Without the cover thing I lost most of my heat to the wind. Made a makeshift cover out of aluminum foil that helped. I'll try it again next time out.

My only real complaint at this point is packing it. The storage bag is pretty low quality. And it's round. I hate packing round stuff. I don't feel comfortable standing on end. So I'm yet to find a place in my storage system that works well with it.
Yup, use old fashioned charcoal,, even in a slight wind, we always have more than enough to do steaks on the top, or use our Dutch oven for slow cooked stews. Agreed, my only complaint is the low quality stowage bag, ours is already ripping out.. otherwise, a great little grill..

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Yup, use old fashioned charcoal,, even in a slight wind, we always have more than enough to do steaks on the top, or use our Dutch oven for slow cooked stews. Agreed, my only complaint is the low quality stowage bag, ours is already ripping out.. otherwise, a great little grill..
Looks like it would fit in a Skottle storage bag.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
This past trip we used the Volcano to bake, and grill.. wow, tasty, and in high winds. The potatoes were perfect after baking for 45 minutes, and the salmon was exqusite. The zucchini was ok. Point being, if you're having trouble with wind, the cover works great..

Attachments

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Just had the Volcano delivered to the house today. Seems that most folks say its worth the cost so Im giving it a shot. Cant wait to try it out !