First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

You may have already seen that there are new OB Meetings and Rally Points for Europe.

In December 2020 we started Virtual OB Europe Campfire for all Overland Bound members in Mid Europe region.

Since than we had some nice chats in good company around the virtual campfire. Even an OB member from California found his way to us.

I talked with Robert today and we would like to expand the circle around the virtual fire. Therefore, I have created new Rally Points for other European regions. You can find all details in the Rally Points for your region.

Let´s have a Virtual OB Europe Campfire and exchange some ideas, stories and plans about our favourite hobby and lifestyle of overlanding.

The next OB Europe virtual campfire will take place on Friday, February 12, 2021 8PM CET. All details in the Rally Point.

We are looking forward to seeing you next time!

Cheers, Björn

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Good morning everyone!

This is just a little reminder for the virtual campfire today. See you at 8 PM CET! If I got it right, some of the places in OB East Europe region are one hour ahead of CET. So please check with your local time! Talk to you later!

Cheers, Björn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi guys,
Again two weeks ago since the last virtual campfire.... it´s Friday again and this is just the usual reminder as every 2nd week. Head over to the Rallypoint for details, join the virtual campfire tonight and have some good talks.
Hope to see you later...
Björn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yesterday we had our virtual campfire as every 2nd Friday. Thanks @Wranglervirus for joining from Lithuania! Was again nice talking to you! Looking forward to see some more pictures from you and your Jeep friends in the deep forests! Enjoy!

The virtual campfire is really a great thing during the time when we can't meet in person. still, of course, we hope to be on the road again soon. See you next time...

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
And also here the friendly reminder, tomorrow is again time for a virtual OB Europe campfire! In many regions there are now improvements regarding the C19 restrictions and many areas seem to be on a good way out of the pandemic. I am sure that many of you already have great travel plans for this summer. So let's get together tomorrow virtually and talk about it!

As always at 8 pm CET via Skype. Please check with your local time/ check out the details in the Rally Point and join!

@Wranglervirus Tomas, will you join tomorrow?

Looking forward to numerous attendance and good conversations!

Reactions: Wranglervirus

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

And also here the friendly reminder, tomorrow is again time for a virtual OB Europe campfire! In many regions there are now improvements regarding the C19 restrictions and many areas seem to be on a good way out of the pandemic. I am sure that many of you already have great travel plans for this summer. So let's get together tomorrow virtually and talk about it!

As always at 8 pm CET via Skype. Please check with your local time/ check out the details in the Rally Point and join!

@Wranglervirus Tomas, will you join tomorrow?

Looking forward to numerous attendance and good conversations!
Just noticed this, but for the 18th currently have no plans so should be there online it was while i have not joined.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Just noticed this, but for the 18th currently have no plans so should be there online it was while i have not joined.

Glad to have you back next time, Tomas! Unfortunately, I can't be there then (that weekend I give a 4-day overland training for customers of a manufacturer of pickup campers). But I guess Robert will be there at the next virtual campfire. Then see you next time again!

Wranglervirus

Advocate III

First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Glad to have you back next time, Tomas! Unfortunately, I can't be there then (that weekend I give a 4-day overland training for customers of a manufacturer of pickup campers). But I guess Robert will be there at the next virtual campfire. Then see you next time again!
Yes one day or another :) have great training!

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Just had an exchange with @Robert OB 33/48 - We think that we should suspend the virtual campfire for the summer, because on the one hand many people prefer to be outside anyway and on the other hand we can now meet again in person due to fewer restrictions - which we have already done her and there in the last few weeks. In autumn/winter, we can have a virtual meeting again. Maybe from November on and then again on Fridays, every 2 weeks as usual? What do you think about it?

Wranglervirus

Advocate III

First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Just had an exchange with @Robert OB 33/48 - We think that we should suspend the virtual campfire for the summer, because on the one hand many people prefer to be outside anyway and on the other hand we can now meet again in person due to fewer restrictions - which we have already done her and there in the last few weeks. In autumn/winter, we can have a virtual meeting again. Maybe from November on and then again on Fridays, every 2 weeks as usual? What do you think about it?
Maybe it can be as an idea to do a skyoe (if possible) on the camp in nature! Let say North and south ect..

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Maybe it can be as an idea to do a skyoe (if possible) on the camp in nature! Let say North and south ect..
Good idea, thanks for that! Yes, we can try that. But then rather spontaneously, if it fits, right? For this we do not need the fixed date every 14 days, right?

By the way, how where your recent trips? Any pictures, reports, etc.?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

@Wranglervirus Thanks again for your reply!

I have now updated the appropriate Rally Points so that we suspend virtual campfire over the summer. Let's get out and explore and meet as much as possible during this time and meet in person!

We will start again with the virtual campfire at the end of October, right after the overlanding show Abenteuer Allrad in Bad Kissingen.

If you still feel that you would like to have a virtual meetup sometime, feel free to get in touch! Of course we can always do that also during the summer.

Cheers, Björn