Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Ok folks, I'm still looking at my calendar and have to talk with John to see what's available at the park, but I thought I'd post up to see what everyone's thoughts are.

I don't have a ton of free time right now so I'm going to try to keep this thing simple.

Probably a Saturday to Sunday thing at the park. Bring what you want to eat and maybe a little to share. I'm hoping to get use of the big field for us and there will probably be a little bit of a fee for camping, just warning everyone up front. There are bathrooms with running water there are the field and there will be trash cans.

If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in.

Joshua Standard

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia
Member #

Ok folks, I'm still looking at my calendar and have to talk with John to see what's available at the park, but I thought I'd post up to see what everyone's thoughts are.

I don't have a ton of free time right now so I'm going to try to keep this thing simple.

Probably a Saturday to Sunday thing at the park. Bring what you want to eat and maybe a little to share. I'm hoping to get use of the big field for us and there will probably be a little bit of a fee for camping, just warning everyone up front. There are bathrooms with running water there are the field and there will be trash cans.

If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in.
I’m all good for it on a weekend I might go out early on say that Friday and get us a plot to hunker down in. I just need to know a date.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I’m all good for it on a weekend I might go out early on say that Friday and get us a plot to hunker down in. I just need to know a date.

If we can get the field, which we should be able to I think, we'll have the whole place to ourselves.

I'll hopefully have a date next week and I'll set-up a rally point for it. Then as details come, I'll keep everyone posted.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I’m most likely going to get there early and I’m not bad cook. Do they have a place that could put some hot dog on a fire? Or is a no burn park? I’ve never been.

I thought that was what you meant, but I wasn't sure if I was missing something. You had to have a fire pit when they hosted the RTT Rally last fall. I'm going to be hashing all that out with John and will post up. Plan on bringing something to cook on though.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey everyone. Due to scheduling issues, I'm not going to be able to get this going, I just don't have the time to devote to it right now. I'll update the title but I'm gonna have to postpone this. Sorry guys.

devin robinson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Woodbridge, Virginia
Member #

**I don't have the time to set this up right now with other things going on in life that are more pressing. We'll try to get together on something later on. Sorry everyone.**

Hey Virginians! We've been chatting about a state-wide meet-up for a bit now. Who would be up for a weekend at James River State Park in mid-May? Still working on the exact details but we need a rough idea of how much interest there is so we can begin planing.
I definitely will make it a plan to be there

EXPLORING THE DYNAMIC EARTH[emoji288]