Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Wife and kids are headed out of town for the weekend. I'm thinking about going riding. Who's doing what?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
@yabbaz and I were kinda talking back and forth about something near Staunton/Harrisonburg. I have a route I've been working on to go on mainly FS roads from Covington to Staunton, so I was considering trying that out.

ChefboyRD

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Manassas,Va
Member #

@yabbaz and I were kinda talking back and forth about something near Staunton/Harrisonburg. I have a route I've been working on to go on mainly FS roads from Covington to Staunton, so I was considering trying that out.
My 4Runner is very stock right now so anything technical kinda scares me, have you run the trail before?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
No I haven't run any of it. I'm 100% stock as well and the route I have planned is just gravel road as far as i know.

ChefboyRD

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Manassas,Va
Member #

I have to work on Saturday and it will be a long one so I don't want to commit to anything but there is talk of a trip on the VA/MD post....maybe check with those guys.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
That's a little further north than I had thought about going. I might still be up for something up that way as long as I can avoid DC.

ChefboyRD

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Manassas,Va
Member #

That's a little further north than I had thought about going. I might still be up for something up that way as long as I can avoid DC.
I know, I grew up in Alexandria and avoid inside the beltway like the plague. They are talking about a trip next month and no doubt it will be in the valley somewhere. My sister and brother in law live in Churchville so a trip south is not a bad idea at any time but I am looking at a sixteen hour day on Saturday.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Ok guys, unless something changes, I'm going to leave my house sometime Friday morning headed up toward Staunton, mostly on dirt. If anyone wants to join in or meet-up, post up or message me. I think I'm going to try to meet up with @yabbaz around Charlottesville Saturday and check out a couple areas over that way and hit up Blue Mountain brewery.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I'm planning on leaving here sometime Friday before noon, headed up toward North River Campground near Churchville. Saturday, yabbaz can't go so I'm not completely sure what I'll be doing.

FJ60pete

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alexandria VA
Member #

I wish I had seen this earlier. I would have tagged along but I've already made plans. I'm out in that area often and I would like to know your dirt route if it works out.

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Ok guys, here is the route I've got planned.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive?state={"ids":["13aJ60rDsObiF0jcZuYZIMsGKHYU"],"action":"open","userId":"107898612041194011452"}

If anyone wants to join in for a section, just give me a shout, I'll check in here when service allows. The first leg is Covington to North River Campground, that I'll be doing Friday. The second is from there north toward Harrisonburg and will probably be meeting up with @Exped4x4 to do the section on Long Run Road then headed over to Afton, Va for the brewery and possibly another trail in that area and head home afterward via the Parkway or possibly camp that Saturday night as well depending on how the day goes.

Message me for my # or give me a shout if you'd like to come hang out for a bit.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
And I'm home. I'll try to upload some pictures later but I had a blast. All told, looks like a little over 300 miles total and about 16hrs worth of drive time. Plus possibly a new member and getting to grab supper with Mike. It's been a good couple of days but I need a shower.

Bjorn44

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Massanutten, Virginia
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Beery
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPI306
Service Branch
Navy and Army
Let me know if you head this way again. Have you checked Flagpole Knob Trail?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I actually rode Flagpole out on this trip and wound up down by Switzer lake. I'm wanting to run Reddish Knob and Flagpole again this fall though, so keep an eye out. It'll be a while though, busy times right now for me.

Reactions: Bjorn44

Casey Scott

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ok guys, here is the route I've got planned.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive?state={"ids":["13aJ60rDsObiF0jcZuYZIMsGKHYU"],"action":"open","userId":"107898612041194011452"}

If anyone wants to join in for a section, just give me a shout, I'll check in here when service allows. The first leg is Covington to North River Campground, that I'll be doing Friday. The second is from there north toward Harrisonburg and will probably be meeting up with @Exped4x4 to do the section on Long Run Road then headed over to Afton, Va for the brewery and possibly another trail in that area and head home afterward via the Parkway or possibly camp that Saturday night as well depending on how the day goes.

Message me for my # or give me a shout if you'd like to come hang out for a bit.
This link doesn't work anymore.. Help... Help