Virginia.. FS85A "Flagpole" Temp closure.

• HTML tutorial

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

that sucks its closed, was planning two trips this month....womp womp wooooomp....
Hang on now.... You can still run up Union springs. Hit Meadow knob and run back down Dunkle Hollow to Switzer lake, from what I can tell. You just cant access Flag pole.

Edit: I’d call the number in the link to verify first tho.

Last edited:

Offroadtb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

yea we ran rawley pike to skidmore fork, went all the way around and up to flagpole, then back down to meadow. it was a great trip, its a lot more washed out and rutted now. the Small rock garden on the way down is pretty gnarly, used to be tame. Was definitely different than 3 years ago.

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

yea we ran rawley pike to skidmore fork, went all the way around and up to flagpole, then back down to meadow. it was a great trip, its a lot more washed out and rutted now. the Small rock garden on the way down is pretty gnarly, used to be tame. Was definitely different than 3 years ago.
Cool.

I bet it was chewed up. With FP side closed. I can see it being even more dug out at the rock garden now. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: Offroadtb

Offroadtb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cool.

I bet it was chewed up. With FP side closed. I can see it being even more dug out at the rock garden now. I guess time will tell.
Yeah dude, it was a lot of fun. My friends trailblazer didn’t make it home to Florida. His torque converter bolts became loose and well.... he has been in nc since Sunday afternoon.

Reactions: Hafaday

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I’m actually really disappointed about this. That section of 85 was always the easy way in and now they want to make it Prius easy. I don’t see the benefit to GWJNF by increasing traffic.