Virginia City, Wild Horses & Genoa, NV

• HTML tutorial

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

The wild horses were a special treat ... We'd just sit there mesmerized watching them ... knowing they were truly wild ! so very cool in my mind !.... we wouldn't have even seen any of them , if the result of stopping in a gas station for a soda, and asking a local where there was a cool rd to go on ... he said in the town of Dayton, NV, to turn east on Dayton Valley rd, go all the way to the end , then go through the gate that says " Don't let the wild horses out" ... so we went through, closed the gate ... and drove on up the very bumpy trail... and low and behold there they were in several places ! Just I kept thinking about their wildness and the spirit of the old west and what they represented in the Freedom we have in our wonderful USA !!!

Reactions: Crispy

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

Two other things amazed me ... 1 ... that my stock as a rock LX450, with no lockers, and 31's didn't even bat an eye going anywhere I wanted to... had to go 4 low a couple times , but didn't hiccup at all ... by far the best wheeler I've owned !

And 2 ... that having nearly 20 yrs sober ... that while at the Old Genoa bar ... I got thrown out for smoking ( had seen others with smokes on the bar ) , .... had regular non alcoholic ice tea, but it makes me truly laugh out loud , that even with the sobriety I have ... I still got thrown out of a bar !!! Ha

Reactions: Crispy

Justin_0237

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

Looks like a really interesting place I'm gonna put this on my list of things to do when in that area. Can you mark it on a map of where you started? Or is that basically the directions?

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

Looks like a really interesting place I'm gonna put this on my list of things to do when in that area. Can you mark it on a map of where you started? Or is that basically the directions?

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Its basically the directions ... so east on Dayton Valley rd in Dayton, NV ... once you pass the tracts of houses , the road veers to the right ... but just keep going you'll see it look further east and you'll see a fence ... but it'll be obvious... then you'll see the gate with the sign " don't let the wild horses out" ... so open , pull through, close gate and there are as I've found out ... hundreds of miles of trails out there .... next time I go out there ... I'm taking camping gear !!!

I found it on Google maps ... can't get any easier than this ! of course I just found it off of hearsay ... ha ... but arrows mark the spot where the gate is and even found a pic of the gate...

Last edited:
Reactions: Justin_0237