Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cape Town, South Africa
First Name
Anton
Last Name
Poplett
Member #

Who else used Victron on OB? Installed all the units from MPPT, monitor, DCDC and shortly the inverter

Question. What size inverter do you have and for what?

Attachments

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I can't answer your question, but this company's products just came up on my radar and I'll probably look a little more in depth if I end up doing a more complex battery setup that what I have already.

Reactions: GIO MLV

Summitdog

Rank 0

Traveler I

Belmont, CA, USA
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Storey
I am looking at installing a 1000 or 2000 watt pure sine inverter. I believe 1000W is really all that I need but if the social director wants to bring her hair dryer then I will need a 2000W inverter. LOL. The most use will be for charging computers and the like.

Scotty

Reactions: grubworm

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I have a Victron solar charge controller as well as a Zamp charge controller. Victron in general is well known for sensible, quality, solar products.

I've used a Zamp 1000w Pure-Sine inverter for about four years and have found it to be sufficient for all my needs when adventuring, from charging my eBike and camera batteries, laptop, mobile devices, and misc other like my hair clippers.

I'm primarily solo, though, so my needs aren't usually as great as a couple or a small family might be. In that case I'd probably go for a 2000w, though pure-sine is always better if using it to power electronics and laptops, etc.

I use as much 12v and solar as I can as far as lighting and charging, etc and employ the inverter only for things that I can only get in 110.